Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all!

just had a quick question and anyone is welcome to comment there ideas or even links where they think chain and sprockets are better, but i am looking for OEM chain and sprockets which is 525x112 and 16T front, 43T rear. I found a couple and want to know what you guys think. My bike is blue, thats why the first chain i am asking about is blue.

Here is one: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/2003-2006-Honda-CBR600RR-O-Ring-Sprocket/dp/B009L0C0US/ref=sr_1_15?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1416579206&sr=1-15&keywords=525x112+chain+and+sprocket[/ame]

Here is another: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/D-I-D-DKH-002-525VX-Chain-Sprocket/dp/B00E0IJYQY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1416543301&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=525x112+chain+and+sprocket+D.I.d[/ame]

Both are on amazon, one is by D.I.D and the other idk, but both are the cheapest i could find, also wondering about the X ring on the D.I.D chain? what does that mean?? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The DID looks pretty reasonable. DID is good stuff. I've never heard of thr other one (Volar?). The fact that it's so cheap prolly means it's junk.

O-ring vs X-ring: Most chains have o-rings. Those are the little rubber spacers you see between the metal parts when you look at the chain from the rear. If you cut an o-ring in half and look at the part you just cut, it looks like an O. Hence the name o-ring. If you cut an X-ring in half and look at the part you just cut, it will look like an X. The theory is that the ridges created by the X configuration will hold more lubricant.

As long as you're getting a new chain and sprockets, why not trry a different sprocket configuration? -1/+2 (15/45) is very popular and will give your bike a little more snap.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
why not trry a different sprocket configuration? -1/+2 (15/45) is very popular and will give your bike a little more snap.
I was considering this configuration, but since I do a lot of highway riding, I would be constantly on the revs? Then have to purchase a SpeedoDRD too.

$79 - DID 520 VX2 X-Ring
15T - $40
45T - $70

Can get away with the chain / sprockets for about $180AUD. Cheaper than buying a "kit" for around $300. Then another $80 on SpeedoDRD.

Maybe one day the Wife will let me waste that kind of money. Tyres are more important. ;)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
You'll be a thousand-ish rpm higher at highway speed. It was never a big deal to me.

I never bought a speedo-healer or anything like that. At highway speeds you will be doing about 15 mph less then you are reading.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I never bought a speedo-healer or anything like that. At highway speeds you will be doing about 15 mph less then you are reading.
It was more so to keep the ODO in line too. I know with the 250, the speed / odo are linked, so I didn't want the ODO counting up quicker. :p

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Well, you're right, it will count up a little quicker. That being said, your bike is eleven years old. There's really no need to preserve resale value at this point.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
if you buy a cheap chain, expect shorter service life......

get quality sprox and chain.....the extra cost is WELL worth it.

FWIW, I agree with Jm Moore. ....speedo healer is not necessary.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I always thought the '03 came with 16/43. Was going to do -1/+2. When cleaning my chain today, had a look at the rear, and says: JTR 1307-45. The front is still 16, guess previous owner already did a +2 on the rear with stock 525 chain.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts