Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys I was rebuilding my crashed bike. Installing the new fairings and notice I'm miss a few screws and rubber well nuts. After searching the net. The best place I found was just getting the right oem parts instead of using some after market screws to mix-match everything else from the other side. So to my point is after getting the parts I need a total of five well nuts and two push pins. It came out to be 6.95. Shipping is 19.99. I was like WTF. Why the hell would it cost 20 bucks to send out five well nut that weights less then an oz. I think the dealer is so full of **** when they say the shipping is base off of usps rates. Please I used to work for ups. And even they don't charge that much to send out a pound of garbage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Shipping is based off of USPS rates. Not handling. I deal with a company with a similar shipping philosophy, a $1.30 screw costs $9.95 in postage and handling. Try passing that on to the customer for a specific screw, it doesn't always go over well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Had to order some bowl gaskets from Canada.
$10.00 parts, $60.00 shipping.
International Air Shipping Only.

I didn't cry and wasn't sad either.
I wasn't even mad.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can try to go to your local honda motorsports dealer that sells oem parts and have them price match. Just walk in show them the price on your phone.

I've done it a few times and they have tried to get the price as close as possible. But of course you'll have to pay sales tax in your state.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Find your local dealership mate, much cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
When I replaced my fairings, I just went down to local Honda dealership and bought a complete "Japanese bolt kit" for around $45AUD.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called up granger supplies. They carry everything from screws to power tools. Super cheap. 10 well nuts for 5 bucks. No shipping or handling. Lol. They said they can get anything that holds a motorcycle together at a faction of the price of a dealer. Thanks guys.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
In the future, send Paulie at Honda East of Toledo. Going through their site they wanted high shipping costs for the parts to go from Toledo to Ann Arbor (40 miles, and $5 cost of the parts, BTW). Called and he dropped shipping to $2 or something reasonable.

He was also able to beat BikeBandit.com and similar parts suppliers, as well as my local bike shop.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Honda East Toledo, call and ask for Paulie as was said above. Support those who support us, you can find him under the classified section as well. 600.net authorized dealers

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
You can try to go to your local honda motorsports dealer that sells oem parts and have them price match. Just walk in show them the price on your phone.

I've done it a few times and they have tried to get the price as close as possible. But of course you'll have to pay sales tax in your state.

I do this all the time and it extremely cheap. Also honda eadt toledo has great prices. Any honda dealership worth there salt will price match them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts