Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: I found the problem. It wasn't a problem with the cylinder, but rather, it was with the black screw. I kept turning it till the brake light was OFF and then when I applied some pressure on the brake pedal it went off so I kept it set at that spot.

I had a feeling something like this would happen, but decided to do it myself anyway. Hopefully I learn something in the process. Anyway, I took off the brake side rearset and swapped it for another OEM one that I had painted. I put the 2 springs on properly and bolted everything up then turned the bike on (but ignition off) and test the brake. I noticed that the brake lights stay lit up without me touching anything :banghead:

Then I inspected a bit and saw some clearance between the peg and the rearset. I forgot how it always is, but is there supposed to be this much space or are both parts supposed to be touching?

I don't think so. So I undid everything and noticed that whenever I bolt up the back bolt to the cylinder, the peg moves away from the rearset and the only way it does bolt up is with that amount of clearance. I can't line the two up and bolt it up without that clearance occurring.

What did I do??

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I found the problem. It wasn't a problem with the cylinder, but rather, it was with the black screw. I kept turning it till the brake light was OFF and then when I applied some pressure on the brake pedal it went off so I kept it set at that spot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts