Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
11,981 Posts
The rubber grommets at the back tail end allow movement. But you cannot adjust to a fixed spot with hardware there. It’s honestly kind of dumb. Vibrations move it around and it settles wherever it settles to. Good luck let us know if you find a solution and how. (It’s good for OEM exhaust… but bad for aftermarket).
I'm not sure how yours is mounted but my '04 has a single hanger around the slip on and another mounted point on the right side. The only rubber I can see is around the can to protect it and at the bolt for the hanger. Those are meant for vibration isolation and not adjust-ability of the exhaust pipe.
I did look at buying a replacement, but exhaust prices have more than doubled in the past 10yrs 😳
It was just £150 for titanium when i bought it, and now they're closer to £400 !

Will get another pic of the underside tomorrow, but all the bolts seem to be lined up properly,...
Maybe will whip the tail fairing off, and see if it can wriggle further, but it may be pretty rusted in place 😆
There are a couple of Yoshi's and a Micron CF on eBay right now for pretty cheap....

Attachments

· Super Moderator
11,981 Posts
I think most aftermarket silencers don’t sit central.

Pretty sure the one on my race bike doesn’t and that’s an Akrapovic full titanium race system.

I’ll check in the morning as for some reason I can’t remember! Lol
I think you're right. I remember most everyone complaining about crooked tail pipes. The Italians (Leo Vince) are one of the few who got it right.

· Super Moderator
11,981 Posts
Alternatively you could see what a local welder might charge to cut out the offsets and weld in a new piece of pipe. That way you can at least have a chance at maybe bartering to reduce the cost. Especially if you can do most of the cutting and have everything ready for them to simply weld up.

I wanted to ask earlier but forgot. It looks like it sticks out too far past the brake light. So you could also shorten it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts