Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i searched and couldn't believe that 600rr.net did not have a dedicated thread to motorcycle video games. Sure they are not as high up there as Gran Turismo because it is such a niche audience but it is about MOTORCYCLES!

Just this past week i tried to buy a 3 session pass for my first-ever trackday in Vegas but realized my textile perforated gear wouldn't cut it. Being currently broke after expensive car repairs and being bummed about having to hold off on my first track day, i decided to do the next best thing. Go out and buy MotoGP08 or SBK08 (both $9.99 at GameStop).

I initially bought MotoGP but was quickly bored with it (read the reviews for its cons) and just today traded it in for SBK08. So far so good :)

Playing a motorcycle simulation game has given me a better understanding of the physics behind riding (albeit it's probably not perfect). Now i understand why applying too much power during a turn can cause a slide.

With that said...... what games have you played or currently own?:cruising:

·
Registered
540 Posts
All the motorcycle games are rubbish.. motoGP series for xbox 360/ps3 is horrible. the only decent one is tourist trophy for PS2.

SBK series is a okay buy if its in the bargain bin.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I tried MotoGP 09 and it sucked donkey balls. It has steered me away from motorcycle video games.
Haha donkey balls been a long while since I've hear that one!!

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Like others have said, MGP games suck, Tourist Trophy for PS2 was pretty good. It was made by the Polyphony gang that creates the GT games. Had a few others for PS2. The TT Superbikes was a game based off the Isle of Mann roadraces, and let you ride the entire course. Had sidecars, 125's, 250's, 600's and 1000's. Could spend hours playing that game. The physics were off, but still a fun game.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The only game worth anything was tourist trophy. The rest of the games make me feel like I'm driving a car that turns funny haha.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The only game I played at work was motogp and quickly got bored. Haven't played any other bike games. Maybe I'll try SBK but I doubt that will happen since all we play is Halo haha

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Probably one of my favorite games of all time

These are the game sequences enjoy.

Intro

Busted- Guy that gets his bike shot is wearing my old touring leathers lol

Wrecked- Check out last dudes cell phone you can really date this game lol
Loser!- Im sooooo putting training wheels on someones bike!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I play MotoGP 10/11 on PS3.
It's pretty good, just be sure to enable manual transmission \ disable wheelie + slip control.

Makes it much more realistic. As realistic as any Motorcycle Game.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The Superbike games are the best of the bunch when it comes to riding simulation, racing simulation, and replay value.

Anybody claiming tourist trophy for PS2 is the best is crazy. It's a good game but a terrible riding simulator and the "racing" is practically non-existant. I still play it, it's fun, but a great motorcycle game it is not. A good one, yes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts