Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm done. Next person in line PM me.

the marking tool works great and I was able to make a near perfect cut using a step drill bit and a dremel.

I suggest remounting the lower fairing and put the sliders on after. For me it was to tight to remount the fairing with the sliders on.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Update: I am now back in town from wedding stuff. While I was running around getting stuff ready for the wedding I bought two more bolts to make this go faster. I am going to work them over this evening and will PM the next 2 on the list. I would have done it sooner but as you can imagine getting married involves a lot of little stuff. Have a good morning!
Ohhhhhh, married. So how much did you get for your bike she made you sell? :sign10:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would like to use the tool next if anyone has it lying around. i sent a pm to hondaconda.
Shipped marking tool to SupeRRJet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For those who bought the crash kit, what did you torque the swing arm spools to? the engine bolts are 54Nm which i got from the shop manual aka "the bible".

Big Chris, pm me your address so i can ship the tool to you when im done. hopefully it'll be at the end of the week. i got my bike apart but still need to do the fairings now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
whos got it now? SupeRRJet? can i get next pelase
Big Chris...Can I get it after you please?? Or whomever is done with theirs?? Let me know and Ill PM you my address...

·
Registered
137 Posts
For those who bought the crash kit, what did you torque the swing arm spools to? the engine bolts are 54Nm which i got from the shop manual aka "the bible".
Personally, I didn't torque them to any certain specification. The engine bolt I obviously did it to 40 ft/lbs but I don't think it would make a big deal for the swingarm.

I went down a month ago and my left slider and left swingarm spool took most of the damage so my frame and swingarm held up without a scratch. I think for the swingarm, just making sure that it is "tight enough" but not "superfreaking tight to the point of breaking the wrench tight" will do the trick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally, I didn't torque them to any certain specification. The engine bolt I obviously did it to 40 ft/lbs but I don't think it would make a big deal for the swingarm.

I went down a month ago and my left slider and left swingarm spool took most of the damage so my frame and swingarm held up without a scratch. I think for the swingarm, just making sure that it is "tight enough" but not "superfreaking tight to the point of breaking the wrench tight" will do the trick.
Thanks wwang813. Thats pretty much what i did.

Also, I dropped the tool off with Big Chris last week. The line should follow him now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks wwang813. Thats pretty much what i did.

Also, I dropped the tool off with Big Chris last week. The line should follow him now.
Sweet!! Me next!! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have seen those bolts premade at Home Depot, but i didnt know what the size was or the thread size for the 09 CBR was. Gf8coupe, if you could find that out for me/ us that would be awesome. Then we could all just get our own and you could "pass it on" for free!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not sure who has the tool at the moment, but I am wondering if I can get it when the last person is done using it. Please PM if you are done.

Thanks

L

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok i dont know why i didnt think of that myself its really simple actually, Now i just feel retarded for ever posting a question on hows the best way to make your mark. And here is another idea if you dont have a buddy to hold the bike sturdy, you can just cut it flat and put a lil dab of grease or paint on the end of the bolt, remove the faring and drill your hole according to the mark made by the grease or what ever you prefer to use.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts