Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
so you 09 guys HAVE to cut,?,,, will the R&G's fit I'm pretty sure they would its that damn extra plastic engine cover right damn things ugly anyway just take it off ... 07 & No Cut R&G Frame Sliders FTW !!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would love to get on the list for the bolt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not sure why so many think its so hard to make one I just made one myself. I just went to Weslake and picked up a 12mm x 1.25 pitch hex head bolt and used a bench grinder I got at Walmart for $40. All you do is slowly rotate it as you grind it down evenly at an angle untill you get it to a point. Then all do is thread it into the frame by hand or with help from vise grips. Once installed just mount your lowers and press against the bolt until it leaves an indention in the plastic. That gives you the exact center. Hers a pic of the bolt I made.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hell you can pick one up cheap enough at walmart and then just return it after your done. Just tell them something is wrong with it lol. Or keep for other projects that come up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
this still going on ? id like to try it out i had a shotty motorcycle shop ruin my fairrings trying to use what looked like ajigsaw to cut the not circular hole that they usedd cost me 250 for a new fairring...if your in upstate ny DO NOT use gryphin motorsports

·
Registered
125 Posts
this still going on ? id like to try it out i had a shotty motorcycle shop ruin my fairrings trying to use what looked like ajigsaw to cut the not circular hole that they usedd cost me 250 for a new fairring...if your in upstate ny DO NOT use gryphin motorsports
Look a few posts up at the post I put about making your own its super easy to pick up a bolt from the local hardware store and grind it. I personally don't recommend using a hole saw since you still risk it cracking out or chipping the edge. I drilled a starting hole and then used a Dremel and just sanded the hole out to the perfect fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
haha i know how old it is. just thought id see if i could get my hands on it. gonna install this weekend with out it anyway.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts