Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put her to sleep, she wont be coming out till the end of March next year..
she ran 17,654 miles this season and i have enjoyed every bit with her.

here's my ADV thread i did this summer, check it out if you havent..

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=288644

for this winter, not really planning to MOD her much, but instead im looking more of Maintenance'N her up.
few things ill be doing to Miss. Konica ;

-clean air filter (bmc)
-installed new HID lighting cause my DDM finally went out after +30k miles, will be gtting the Volt HID kit

-replace spark plugs
-replace CCT with the APE cct

-re-do both front brakes caliper, The freaking pistons doesnt push the pad any more, not gettin the untimely braking power that im suppose to.
-new front brake pads..EBC
-install new tires before hitting next season, sticking with Mich roads 3.
- fix my turn signal relay, its not blinking properly just recently. my need a new one. Customled.com has them.
-buy/install Vortex rear-sets, the Chinese ebay ones sucks, don't buy em.
- fix my front brake MC, the screw for the cap got strip so i cant refill my brake fluid anymore, might have to tear it down and get a new MC lid

That's pretty much my list do this winter. have 4 good long months to doll her up, other than this . will be getting some riding gears and a new saddle bag.

All in all, i had a blast this season and hope everyone did too and continue to do so all u south guys/gals.

deff can not wait till next year, i am ready for more adventures! Canada is on the list and maybe California as well .:cruising:

So whats on your to do list for your bike this winter if you aint going to be riding her?

:cruising:

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Thanks for link on your trip, bro! :cheers: Gonna be reading up on that in the next couple of days. :)

17k is a feat for AK! Grats man. :thumbup:

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it doesn't sound alot. But Man U start riding all over Alaska and miles start to add up quick. I look on the map Of Alaska and was like WOW !! .. Did I really rode from anchorage all the way up to the arctic circle. . It cover a lot of lands.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mines going to be getting a lot of the same done to it. I totaled it a few months ago so in addition to throwing on a bunch of new parts I'll most likely be doing a complete overhaul.

If you plan on heading down to California next summer, BC has got some great roads. The sea-to-sky (HWY 99) connecting Vancouver to Whistler is a short local favorite for many riders. Definitely worth checking out, and it'll will probably be on your way (depending on your route).

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mines going to be getting a lot of the same done to it. I totaled it a few months ago so in addition to throwing on a bunch of new parts I'll most likely be doing a complete overhaul.

If you plan on heading down to California next summer, BC has got some great roads. The sea-to-sky (HWY 99) connecting Vancouver to Whistler is a short local favorite for many riders. Definitely worth checking out, and it'll will probably be on your way (depending on your route).
Yeah all I need is time off from work, maybe like 2 and a half week off . Then I cando it. I'm basically going to to route to what ever googles says. From anhorage ,ak to my hometown. Sac town Cali !! It would be a dream ride. Fingers are cross and I would love to meet members on the way . But nuff fantasizeN about it. Well see. If not , I'll definitely be doing a ride called Dust 2 Dawson . Dawson city in Canada . Any folks nearby there and have heard of that yearly ride ?

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, I only put about 1500 miles on mine :(
its all good, some PEOPLE are just busy. i knwo some of the rider i rode with they got super busy this season and barely rode. i work and ride,,thats retty much it..

Put 7000 on mine, but can't say I'm going to do anything to it over the winter. That 675R is calling my name.
sweet, are u selling the RR..? :spank:

·
Registered
563 Posts
its all good, some PEOPLE are just busy. i knwo some of the rider i rode with they got super busy this season and barely rode. i work and ride,,thats retty much it..

sweet, are u selling the RR..? :spank:
Yeah, it would take too much to get it to where I want it to be. I'm a little short for it and feel like I would dump so much into it aftermarket that I might as well just replace it with something that's perfect right off the bat. This was my first bike though and I struggle with the idea of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
What is a riding "season"?

My season is anytime we are not under a hurricane warning I guess, but when it gets down to 65 I really consider taking the car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Great story on your ride. Would love to do something like that someday.

I figure I have a month left of my riding season in Chicago. Then time for some mods over the winter.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
What is a riding "season"?

My season is anytime we are not under a hurricane warning I guess, but when it gets down to 65 I really consider taking the car.
best riding is when its 55-60 outside. you stay nice and cool, but its still warm enough for your tires to stay warm

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Riding season for Alaskan : basicly starts early April and ends in late October.

Why ? Cause there's is snow !!
You know what snow is ?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I've heard about it, but never seen it in person...
Actually, I've spent enough time in it in Ohio and Illinois. That's why I choose to live in Louisiana. Our winter is usually about 2 or 3 weeks in January!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Haha, I've got the same riding season in Whistler B.C. We've actually had snow already and it put a spin on my plans this past weekend to get my bike in storage at my friends place.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts