Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I traveled to Lynchburg, VA yesterday to look at an '08. Not too long after looking it over and test riding it, I loaded it up on the back of my truck and made my way back to its new home. This one may look familiar to some of you because the seller had a build thread on here. The bike has a few dings but overall, it's in great shape. I can't wait to get out on the road in the next few days - once I get the title, taxes, and tags taken care of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doesn't look bad at all. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I can't wait to get out on the road in the next few days - once I get the title, taxes, and tags taken care of.
Don't be a pansy, go ride! I haven't renewed the tags on my plate in 3yrs now. I can't believe your able to hold back.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Don't be a pansy, go ride! I haven't renewed the tags on my plate in 3yrs now. I can't believe your able to hold back.
He's made good decisions so far, including upgrading to a CBR600RR, don't start hooking him into poor judgement.

Why wouldn't you renew your tags, lol? Guessing you don't run plates either, also no insurance. Fine example you are. >:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe me, I want to. I already got insurance taken care of but I just don't want to get into a situation where I need my registration (aka a ticket or a wreck). Just gonna play it safe until the middle of next week at the latest. Then, she will be racking up the miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's made good decisions so far, including upgrading to a CBR600RR, don't start hooking him into poor judgement.

Why wouldn't you renew your tags, lol? Guessing you don't run plates either, also no insurance. Fine example you are. >:)
Amen! Lol I like bored's enthusiasm for riding but I have and always will be a law-abiding citizen.

I'm also curious about why you haven't renewed your tags :laugh::cruising:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Amen! Lol I like bored's enthusiasm for riding but I have and always will be a law-abiding citizen.
That's certainly admirable but you just purchased a street legal race bike. It's not a ninja250 - just you wait and see, lol - you'll be over 100mph within two weeks of riding whether you want to or not. :poke:

These bikes control you no matter how much you fight it. You'll feel it in your gut at first, then the voices in your head begin to get louder - "Oh, this guy wants to race...", "Look at this mustang, I bet he thinks his car is fast", "LOL another corvette, let me show him something"... It goes on and on and on 0:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's certainly admirable but you just purchased a street legal race bike. It's not a ninja250 - just you wait and see, lol - you'll be over 100mph within two weeks of riding whether you want to or not. :poke:

These bikes control you no matter how much you fight it. You'll feel it in your gut at first, then the voices in your head begin to get louder - "Oh, this guy wants to race...", "Look at this mustang, I bet he thinks his car is fast", "LOL another corvette, let me show him something"... It goes on and on and on 0:)
Haha, there may be a little truth in that - just a little lol. I will let you know how loud my voices are and what they tell me to do 0:)

But when I took the test ride, I could certainly tell that this was a giant step up from my Ninja 300 :grin2:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm also curious about why you haven't renewed your tags :laugh::cruising:
Well, at first I just forgot. Then the renewal thing came the next year and I rememered, but at that point it was already a year out so I said F it. At this point I've saved more then the ticket will cost, so I'm going with it hahaha

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks awesome, congrats! Always wanted a white bike :)
I'm a sucker for white with black and red accents. I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X with the same color scheme.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a sucker for white with black and red accents. I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X with the same color scheme.
Heh, I hear yea. Have been a fan of black cars all the time.
But circumstantially, ended up owning a white RSX-S and eventually a white C6 Corvette.
Have been in love with white cars and bikes ever since :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
20K for $3800. He wanted $4500 but the bike had some damage on the clutch side lower and mid fairings so I talked him down a bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts