Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. well yesterday was about the most fun i have had in a while. i attended the hypercycle/MRI track day at streets of willow. i must say it blows away the street and i can't wait untill next month for the next one. I did have an incident with the bike that day. i went around a turn and shifted one to many gears down, and when i went to power of of it, the bike washed right out from under me. i got right up and walked off the track un touched. thank you aplinestars two piece. all in all with the wreck i cant wait to go back. i already ordered race fairing, rear sets and clip ons. so she will be ready to go with custom paint. very excited. i met a lot of nice people and made some new friends. all in all a great experience and cant say anything bad about it. oh and the camera was mounted and recording when the crash happened. so the video is soon to come.
heres the pics:

oh yeah, every piece o fplastic got touch. damn the track, but better to happen there than on the street.

enjoy
dennis

·
Registered
152 Posts
how did both sides get scratched???

great pictures. what kind of tires are those???

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ack, the poor girl. :(

Glad to see one of you made it unscathed though. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
892 Posts
perhaps for us still is the mesozoic dial up period, you could resize your pics next time. a good rule of thumb would be 800x600. thanks in advance.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it amazed me. i saw the bike finishing its slide and when i though it was all over, right at the end of the slide the motorcycle gods decided to pop her over on the other side just to complete the job. sorry about the size, i will resize next time.

dennis

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep dunlops. they performed great but a stickier compound would have been better,

dennis

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
dennis,
i heard you, rey, chris and ian are going next month? march 22nd to be exact?? im planning on going up there with you guys...

laters
marvin

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
CBR619RR said:
dennis,
i heard you, rey, chris and ian are going next month? march 22nd to be exact?? im planning on going up there with you guys...

laters
marvin
Yea I can't wait. The big track doesnt look as fun as the small track though. Lates Ray

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep we are all going. i spoke with ian today and he is getting his bike ready. definitly should be a fun time with everyone there. the bike should be ready to by late next week, its just sad seeing the bike in the garage naked and cold. lol

dennis

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
im definitely there... im gonna be the slowest one there especially from the pix i've seen of you guys at palomar the past couple of weekends... its all good tho.. i just wanna have fun and try it out...

·
Registered
132 Posts
You might want to think about putting the rear pegs on the back on before doing track days. It will save the tail some. Now if your racing, get ride of the weight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same thing happened to me a few years back. It was as I was exiting the skid pad on the inside where those bumps are. Damn you streets why must you be so enticing! Hehe.

C

·
0 Posts
Damn both sides. That sucks. Well your frame looks fine though. What kind of sliders were they?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks everyone. the sliders did save the engine casings which was good. i bought them from fun bike center here in san diego, i dont know the brand though. just excited to get her up and running

dennis

1 - 20 of 40 Posts