Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
ok, so i ride alone. everytime. alone.

i really don't mind because honestly riding in a group kinda freaks me out...people trying to keep up, people getting sucked in too hot, egos comming into play...it just seems alittle more dangerious to me. plus, being out in the country alone is one of the things i find nice about a day with my bike. all my friends that are into this kinda stuff ride dirt. i've been to a couple open practices and i messed around on a crf250 and my pitbike so, yeah, i think its pretty cool, but no one shares my deep, deep, obsession with sportbikes and road racing.

anyways, i get a call yesterday that one of my good friends tells me he got a street bike. no sh*t? what did you get? Mike's R1. hummm, k. i don't know this dude, but i think its the guy that looped over his 04 r1 doing dumb sh*t late at night.....the wrecked one? no, his 01.

i was not prepaired for the bastardized monstrosity i was about gaze upon. share in my horror:

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo08/24/69/d472b9155a64.jpg?_rh=shi94vq4dut74h06huqrckrg
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo08/24/69/d472b9155a64.jpg?_rh=shi94vq4dut74h06huqrckrg

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
To each his own but that is one ugly bike

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
it's suicide to ride an R1 with only 1 working brake your stopping power will be halved & you will likely end up on somebody's rear end.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i agree, and told him so. i'm just so dissapointed cuz this guy is really good in the dirt and is in to everything motorcycles, so i was thinking, cool...maybe someone to ride with who share my thinking on riding and it might not be so bad (thus the rambling at the begining of the post. ;) ) then he shows me this...

...i don't even want to tell you what he payed for it....

·
Registered
553 Posts
RelfF2 said:
i was not prepaired for the bastardized monstrosity i was about gaze upon. share in my horror
Beautifully written...I'm feeling some what inspired.....

Oh yeah, that bike was fugly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you guys messed up?

Lose the seats, add a rotor. And you have yourself a Championship eddition R1 with polished wheels and a D&D Exhaust. That was a sick bike when it came out.

·
Registered
473 Posts
hahaha...show bikes are meant to just sit and look pretty. Not much fun for riding. But i am curious as to how much he did pay for that

1 - 20 of 32 Posts