Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got out of work yesterday and I was cruising along the SI Expressway going 55MPH in a 50MPH zone. I look in my mirror and I see an un-marked charger and he pulls me over. I was actually really nice to the cop and very polite when all of a sudden he starts cursing at me telling me I was riding a cars as#! I told the cop I was not riding anywhere near the car in front of me and its like he didnt even want to hear anything I had to say. He goes back to his car and come back with a few tickets:
1) Tinted Windscreen (saying I could be hiding something behind the windscreen
2) Front flushmounts
3) Intergrated Tails
4) Speeding
5) Changing Lane w/o signals
6) License plate braket is on the side and not behind the tires like it is supposed to be

WOW!!!!! SO I was heated and the cop told me to have a nice day and see you in court! Hmm well at this point I said whatever and he comes back and tells me my license is suspended in the state of NY so either walk away with my bike or go to jail with my bike.. (well we all know what happened at this point). Well I ave a court date in September and I got a lawyer already...I will keep you guys posted

and this is why I hate cops!! sometimes I feel like its better to just speed off..!

Thomas

·
Banned
120 Posts
Are motorcycles required to have blinkers in NY? They aren't here.

What you need to do is pull up the NYC DPS codes for motorcycles and see where you stand.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
yep... another great opportunity to stereotype all cops as losers... they should have to go through more intense psychological testing before being hired. Such as, "Were you ever picked on as a kid?; and if so are you harboring anger, bitterness, and resentment because of it?" There just needs to be some more simple screening put a halt on the freaky power hungry numnuts from gettin thru the cracks :bitch_ple

·
Registered
159 Posts
Some people just hate sports bike. Have a rent-a-cop at work that only hassles me, find it funny cause the rest are cruisers and they never get hassled even when they should. Prime example, didn't noticed buy my bike and a cruiser was blocking a emergency exit door which I honestly didn't notice, will top flight leaves a notice on my bike but not the other. Also according to him I've been speeding down the sidewalk and doing wheelies in the parking lot.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
ya cops pull this bs and then they wonder why ppl try and out run them!!! its like bikers know they are guna get screwed by this opinionated cop so they dont pull over..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are motorcycles required to have blinkers in NY? They aren't here.

What you need to do is pull up the NYC DPS codes for motorcycles and see where you stand.

Motorcycles in NY have to have blinkers and they are not allowed to be intergrated!! Sucks

They pull you over for everything!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep... another great opportunity to stereotype all cops as losers... they should have to go through more intense psychological testing before being hired. Such as, "Were you ever picked on as a kid?; and if so are you harboring anger, bitterness, and resentment because of it?" There just needs to be some more simple screening put a halt on the freaky power hungry numnuts from gettin thru the cracks :bitch_ple

I like this idea!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
suspended license is a suspended license.

its tough riding the street, man. Make sure your bike is 100% DOT compliant, and you won't have any more of these threads.

You got caught....but good luck with the lawyer.

It's NYC...this "harassment" is gonna happen year after year after year. You can:

- get used to it and deal with it
- get off the street
- get 100% DOT compliant
- get your license situation worked out.

That's it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
suspended license is a suspended license.

its tough riding the street, man. Make sure your bike is 100% DOT compliant, and you won't have any more of these threads.

You got caught....but good luck with the lawyer.

It's NYC...this "harassment" is gonna happen year after year after year. You can:

- get used to it and deal with it
- get off the street
- get 100% DOT compliant
- get your license situation worked out.

That's it.

Damn, I have b*tched about the CHP, but NYC is worse, too much BS......I'm so happy to be in Cali!!!! Good luck on ur ticket....

·
Registered
79 Posts
seems like this is nothing new in NYC....im sure this wont be the last we hear of it.

im way out east on long island and havnt seen it too bad but i wont be suprised when it starts to spread out here too.

when you see the blue, downshift two!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Yea, more of U guys from NY need to fight this sh*t in NYC, what they are doing and how they are treating people is wrong!!!! I guess in NYC you are guilty until proven guilty!!!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Yea, more of U guys from NY need to fight this sh*t in NYC, what they are doing and how they are treating people is wrong!!!! I guess in NYC you are guilty until proven guilty!!!
I don't condone it...nor support it....but for what it's worth...it's gotten so many squids off the street, it's insane.

YEARS ago when I was thinking about buying my 05RR, this was almost unheard of. I'd hear bikes rolling through my neighborhood every few minutes.

Forward to 2007/2008....now it's impossible to ride without being pulled over two or three times a day. I hardly hear bikes roll through my neighborhood.

They're not only profiling sportbikers either....they're after ALL motorcyclists. It's easy money for the Dept. of Finance, as most bikers have modified their bikes, thus making them DOT non-compliant.

It's a sad situation....but that's why I'm all track now. Honestly, I don't miss the street for ONE minute. I can't wait to hit the track again...even if it's only a few times a month.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
wowwww

I live in Queens and according to your list I can get a ticket for my tinted windscreen, integrated tails and flushmounts....

ah well atleast it looks sexy :icon_lol: :::knocks on wood:::

1 - 20 of 23 Posts