Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a ohlins shock for my bike on ebay. he said it was for the 05 06 cbr but its stamped ho3012 and that is the 03 04. i know it will fit but i wanted the 05 06 because it would be newer. he said it was serviced in 07 but yet there is oil on the piston so its probably leaking. the shock on my bike is stock from 05 and no leaks so i cant believe this thing was serviced.

what should i do? just leave negative feedback? i know there is an option for item not as described. how does that work? any thoughts?

D

·
0 Posts
Ask for a refund and send it back once you get the refund. If it's not as described and the wrong part, what's the point in leaving negative feedback and keeping it?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am thinking of asking for a partial refund. i got it for 450 shipped and it will fit because the 03 04 05 06 are all the same shock. i really dont feel like nor trust that when i ship it back i will get my money. then if i dont i have even more problems. if i do get my money i will lose money on shipping and have to find another one to buy.

i am thinking i should say i want 150 or 200 back and if i dont i will submit it to ebay.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You might be better off just finding a reputable suspension shop to refresh the Ohlins, likely for under $100 and call it a day. That way you KNOW you have a fresh shock with no leaks and don't have to bother with trying to get lucky on another used shock.

At least that's what I'd do, especially since $450 is a great deal either way you look at it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats what i am leaning towards but its on the principal. he sold something with lies. had it said 03-04 and leak i would not have bought it. i think i will at least try and get a partial refund with out going as far as reporting to ebay

D

·
0 Posts
Just go on with reporting it through eBay and paypal. That way you have a moderates area to work out a deal to even get a partial refund, and if he doesn't agree, a full refund, or at least paying to get the shock fixed.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
i bought a ohlins shock for my bike on ebay. he said it was for the 05 06 cbr but its stamped ho3012 and that is the 03 04. i know it will fit but i wanted the 05 06 because it would be newer. he said it was serviced in 07 but yet there is oil on the piston so its probably leaking. the shock on my bike is stock from 05 and no leaks so i cant believe this thing was serviced.

what should i do? just leave negative feedback? i know there is an option for item not as described. how does that work? any thoughts?

They don't have the exact same specs.

It may fit, but it's not going to work exactly as you might hope.

Unfortunately, taht's the down side with e-Bay.

You never know what your going to get.

One day you get a deal.

The Next Day you get... :spank:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from what i read and the specs from ohlins dealer catalog they are very similar. i dont think i am going to notice any difference between the two

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yea, they are close.

The shock you have is a little longer.

Different Pistons, Different shaft jet, Different compression shims, Different rebound shims.

Guess, since you have it, might as well try it out.

What spring rate does it have on there.? ie Part number on the spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts