Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so about three weeks ago i had a huge spill coming down the mountain. my bike went down the inbankment as did I. I having some issues finding where the oil leaked from. Is there some kind of over spill tube because i can not find any cracks or anything. the only damage was front hugger, left mirror, and bent to sh*t left frame slidder. When they pulled my bike up it started. but when i picked it up from the lot there was about half a quart worth of oil on the floor. any ideas or suggestion.

R.O.D
MANNY

D

·
0 Posts
No, there is no overflow container.

First places to check are the fill cap, oil filter, oil cooler, and drain plug. Were your frame sliders no-cuts and did the bracket get pushed back into the engine?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so i stripped the whole thing down and i thouhgt to my self ok there is no cracks anywhere. nothing is broken.... and i was like ok every engine has some sort of EGR valve for the engine to breath right..... NOD your head yes:eek:hyeah:. I narrowed it down to two spots im pretty sure its the first one of the two picks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok maybe i wont cuz its not letting me upload the damn picks but its a valve or more like a hole right above the air filter. It is connected to a vavle that runs down to the engine.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I remember I dropped my bike in my driveway and a little oil came out of somewhere. It was just a couple drops but there are no cracks or anything...
Subscribed....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'd have oil in the airbox then, not all over the road.
I never said i got it all over the road, it was in my air box and it came out thru the intake air tube and ran down the engine.
Thank you guy for your replies and your help very much appreciated. Stay safe and Ride safe

R.O.D.
MANNY

D

·
0 Posts
OK so about three weeks ago i had a huge spill coming down the mountain. my bike went down the inbankment as did I. I having some issues finding where the oil leaked from. Is there some kind of over spill tube because i can not find any cracks or anything. the only damage was front hugger, left mirror, and bent to sh*t left frame slidder. When they pulled my bike up it started. but when i picked it up from the lot there was about half a quart worth of oil on the floor. any ideas or suggestion.

R.O.D
MANNY
I never said i got it all over the road, it was in my air box and it came out thru the intake air tube and ran down the engine.
Thank you guy for your replies and your help very much appreciated. Stay safe and Ride safe

R.O.D.
MANNY
Clean out the airbox of any oil, and get a new air filter.
:ciao:

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Do the Kleen air mod, in case this happens again. This will prevent oil from getting into the air box, in case of a get off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts