Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mileage is way to go, cause like on Airplanes they go by Hours of operation. Which is something else you can go buy, you just have to configure your average MPH.

I forgot the math formula we made to configure it, but 100 hours of riding = 3,000 miles!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I run full synthetic....every 5,000 miles....3,000 miles(or three months) is just an industry number to get ya four times a year...

·
Registered
513 Posts
envirocbr said:
Mileage is way to go, cause like on Airplanes they go by Hours of operation. Which is something else you can go buy, you just have to configure your average MPH.

I forgot the math formula we made to configure it, but 100 hours of riding = 3,000 miles!

damn , you ride SLOWWW! ( if you're short on math , that's an average of 30 mph )

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i change every 5000kms

·
Registered
103 Posts
glad to hear i'm not the only one going on the mileage and not the time. it seems to me that if oil is so unstable that it will spontaneously break down within 3 months, we're all in trouble. I've had several mechanics assure me that most oils nowadays can withstand at least 5,000 miles of wear and tear before they need to be changed.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I should have said that I didn't remember the numbers, but average 100 hours is equivalent to 3000 miles, although it wasn't like we did it and was like DAMN EXACT MILEAGE!!!!!

We basically used numbers from your average downtown to home cummute (30-40) MPH, then HIghway (65-80) then we found an average speed, I has been so long and I have all these damn finance formulas in my head now from work....TO HELLL...

anyways my average speed comes out to be about 45 MPH, cause I do alot of riding in downtown cause well.....thats where I work.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i go with the mileage intervals from what my owners manual states as my basis.
but it really depends on how hard i ride before i change it. ill jus guess-timate
so to speak IMO. if i ride it hard for 500 mi's, ill subtract that and another 300-500 to equal a 600-1000.
so instead of changing it at 4000, ill do it at 3000-3400 maybe less. it all depends on what you feel.
but if i jus ride on normal everyday commutes then ill jus change it at 4000 like the manual says.
alot of peeps that know their bike(s) will notice when its time. youll feel/hear harder clanking noise when shifting,
less smoother shifting, engine running not as smooth, excelleration differance from fresh oil vice old/used oil...blah blah blah yada yada yada.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used to change mine as close to every thousand miles as i could, but every time it could come out as gold as the day i put it in so i go for 3-4k now per change.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I go with mileage on mine. The oil is never in the long enough to get old. RIght at 11K right now on my 05.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts