Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the oil on sat and filled the oil all the way up to the top line in the window while holding the bike level off the stand go to start it up and the oil light keeps blinking i warmed it up and took it across the parking lot and the light went on solid. i used a gallon jug so i dont know how much is in there but shouldnt it be fine if the oil is at the top of the 2 lines in the window when level?

·
Registered
484 Posts
it should be fine between the two lines but a gallon is a bit too much. You need around 2.9 litters I think is what it says in the book, with oil filter change, no oil fileter artound 2.5 litters. I might be wrong i don't have the book in front of me.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt put the whole gallon in just dont know the exact amount in there because it was out of a gallon jug.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The light is not just an oil light. It is a multi finction light that tells you when something is wrong with your bike. You need to see how many times it flashes when you turn it on and that will tell you what is wrong. I don't know the codes though.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i changed the air filter when i did the oil and foregot to reconnect it took it all apart and pluged it back in problem solved. as for the oil i acualy bought 4 liters of repsol but i only filled the bike up to the top of the indicator on the bike while balanced and have about a liter left turned the bike on no lights. i think im gunna go for a ride now... thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts