Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I’m new to this group and I don’t have much knowledge when it comes to fixing bikes. Hopefully you guys can solve my issue, there’s an oil coming out on top of my crankcase cover, I’m not sure why but your help will be appreciated! I attached some pictures so you can see them better!

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not an uncommon thing given the bike's age and not a big deal. You won't lose significant amounts of oil here so could ignore it.

It's the CKP sensor (crank position). To fix remove the right side case and reseal.

If you're going to tackle this yourself, and it's fairly simple, just make sure you get the proper torque values for the case cover so you don't end up making a big issue out of a small one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not an uncommon thing given the bike's age and not a big deal. You won't lose significant amounts of oil here so could ignore it.

It's the CKP sensor (crank position). To fix remove the right side case and reseal.

If you're going to tackle this yourself, and it's fairly simple, just make sure you get the proper torque values for the case cover so you don't end up making a big issue out of a small one.

View attachment 224901
Thank you so much for the information! And your attachment looks very helpful, is that the shop manual?I wanna get and so I can work on my bike myself and feel good about it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thank you so much for the information! And your attachment looks very helpful, is that the shop manual?I wanna get and so I can work on my bike myself and feel good about it!

You should be able to find the shop manual online in pdf form easily. If you can't, message me an email address and I'll send it to you.

If you don't have one, buy a torque wrench. Every bolt on this bike has a recommended torque and it's easy to overtighten things and create a big headache for yourself.

The minor pain about this fix is that the case cover may have a paper gasket that you will need to buy/replace. Not sure about this model, it may not have one. Anyway, the pain is scraping off all the old gasket material on both sides (bike and cover). I've easily spent an hour on this. Use a plastic scraper, Goo Gone and fine sandpaper for best results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be able to find the shop manual online in pdf form easily. If you can't, message me an email address and I'll send it to you.

If you don't have one, buy a torque wrench. Every bolt on this bike has a recommended torque and it's easy to overtighten things and create a big headache for yourself.

The minor pain about this fix is that the case cover may have a paper gasket that you will need to buy/replace. Not sure about this model, it may not have one. Anyway, the pain is scraping off all the old gasket material on both sides (bike and cover). I've easily spent an hour on this. Use a plastic scraper, Goo Gone and fine sandpaper for best results.
Alright, I should have enough tools to fix it including torque wrech! I might look for a new gasket since the bike has aged a lot. And yes, I’ll send you my email for the shop manual, since all I see online needs to be bought! Thank you again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts