Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is not RR related..This was on my VTR1000..But since this forum is so great, I thought I'd render your help...

Basically I'm using a high pressure hose from my case to the oil cooler and it blew, or tore open, spraying oil everywhere..Huge mess..It tore between where I had a hose clamp on one end and a zip tie onto my cylinder..

Question is...How did this happen? Was it because of heat from the cylinder? Or was it because there was too much pressure? On this ride I was really giving the bike some throttle to see if the main jet change worked..So this means I needed to be at full throttle..

It was only a 10 minute ride..I've done longer rides with the same setup, hoses and everything and no oil leaks...

Any ideas? Any help and or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any sign of heat stress on the hose where it blew?????
Not too sure...It's a clean break, theres not sign of melting or anything..It's like someone took a razor blade to it...So I'm thinking it popped...But I dunno, Are those hoses that sensitive to heat? If not then that would mean it built up pressure in between the ziptie (which wasn't too tight) and the hose clamp...Which doesn't sound right to me either..So i'm stumped...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts