Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to switch to the K&N oil filter But I wasn’t sure which is a better choice the KN-204-1 or the KN-204C.
Or if there’s a better recommendation let me know I just want to put the best product in my bike.
What is everyone favorite oil also I’ve been getting A lot of mixed reviews

·
Registered
348 Posts
Avoid the K&N, there have been some catastrophic failures with that spiffy little nut they weld onto the front, causing oil to spray onto tires, brakes, and exhaust. The 204 was recalled due to this. Not worth the risk, stay with Honda (which comes with a new crush washer for the drain plug).

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I read a comprehensive comparison someone had done (possibly on this forum) complete with oil sample testing and it showed the Purolator Pure One PL14610 was the best.
As for oil, you can get anything from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6. As long as you change it regularly you’ll be fine.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I read a comprehensive comparison someone had done (possibly on this forum) complete with oil sample testing and it showed the Purolator Pure One PL14610 was the best.
As for oil, you can get anything from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6. As long as you change it regularly you’ll be fine.
, I have been using the PL14612 for a while, is the 14610 a little shorter?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
, I have been using the PL14612 for a while, is the 14610 a little shorter?
Yes, same filters just different lengths. I’ve used both but prefer the shorter one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts