Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pretty much I think a ring or all is out letting oil inn... Or is it my valve seals..piston and rods should be goood on a 03 600rr with just 18,xxx miles..I was thinking getting new rings and all new seals would be a goodthing? I don't have money for upgraded pistons right now..thanks

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
More likely to be a valve stem seal than blown rings.

How much oil is on the plug?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like not soaking with oil but it's black made my new laser plugs turn black when I turned it on than bike died..I'd have to do a compression test asap

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Wet black or soot black?

If its soot black then you may have a blown injector...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little wet, I really don't know what soot means lol, I think my injectors are fine it's werid cause my bike ran better with shitty plugs, but when I put these new plugs I knew something wrong internal

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Are they NGK plugs? You should not run any other plugs besides what the manual suggests.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check your compression as it sounds like you have blown a valve stem seal.

Also make sure you are running the correct plugs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I'm using the right plugs, and I hope my compression is good, if it's not than it's my rings correct? But if it's good than it's my seals? Thanks bro for the help

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Yes I'm using the right plugs, and I hope my compression is good, if it's not than it's my rings correct? But if it's good than it's my seals? Thanks bro for the help
Correct...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
going do a comp test...but i just thought about something..i just did an oil change and i put 3 quarts in and i heard my bike takes 2.9? when i put my bike up without kick stand or barly going up it just shoots up?!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
going do a comp test...but i just thought about something..i just did an oil change and i put 3 quarts in and i heard my bike takes 2.9? when i put my bike up without kick stand or barly going up it just shoots up?!

right, the level is to be checked while bike is straight up and down

while on its stand, its barely visable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right, the level is to be checked while bike is straight up and down

while on its stand, its barely visable.
yeah i think i have too much oil...it should be in the middle between the both lines correct? would this cause my bike to have oil in my plugs?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
yeah i think i have too much oil...it should be in the middle between the both lines correct? would this cause my bike to have oil in my plugs?

if you didnt put more than three quarts in, no you do not have too much

and no too much oil would not cause oil on the plugs (there is no path for oil to get to them)

can you get a picture of your plugs so we can see what they look like? i bet its not oil on them i bet its just normal carbon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you didnt put more than three quarts in, no you do not have too much

and no too much oil would not cause oil on the plugs (there is no path for oil to get to them)

can you get a picture of your plugs so we can see what they look like? i bet its not oil on them i bet its just normal carbon.
alright cause when i take the kick stand off the oil level shoots up! but yeah ill show pics of my regular plugs and my NEW laser plugs that i just put in and its now black..id have to get home and take them..but ill post em up later today.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
alright cause when i take the kick stand off the oil level shoots up! but yeah ill show pics of my regular plugs and my NEW laser plugs that i just put in and its now black..id have to get home and take them..but ill post em up later today.

ok, repeat with me

Bike on stand == no oil in window

but on level surface, straight up and down, front wheel straight, oil is now visable

and should fall some where inbetween the upper and lower lines of said window (any where within there is acceptable)

is that not what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, repeat with me

Bike on stand == no oil in window

but on level surface, straight up and down, front wheel straight, oil is now visable

and should fall some where inbetween the upper and lower lines of said window (any where within there is acceptable)

is that not what you are experiencing?
yeah i check my oil when the stands not on, the whole window is filled.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
The only way your going to end up with oil on the plugs as a result of putting to much in will be accompanied by a VERY big bang as your motor self destructs... but you would need to put a LOT more than 3 quarts in for that to happen, probably more like 10.

At most it should be sitting at the top line in the window, with the bike held vertically on level ground, and without you on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay oil is fine and I havnt done comp test yet..started the bike than pull the plugs out just alot of carbon and little wet from gas..bike needs gas to stay on..maybe my tbs are not syncd? I really don't know what's wrong I don't have blown hg or bad rings no smoke comes out what so ever..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dont rmr...But it looks clean..you think its causing my bike to not Stay up? Gonna take it to a shop soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts