Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike ( 2005 600RR, 6400 miles) has been smoking for about 3 days now, I went to the dealership to ask them what it could be and if its covered under warranty. He said to check the air box to see if it has oil inside. Welll it does..but what does that mean?
my bike smokes a lot from the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
welcome to my world brotha i am truely starting to see a trend that someone is covering something up . i just had my motor rebuilt and bored on hondas dime for this. sounds like youre on your way to piston ring failure. sorry to see youre having problems as well.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i hope for your sake its nothing major. but damn thats f'ed up looking. there is way to much "crap" in your airbox. the smoke is it bright white maybe bluish in color? the smoke sounds like excessive oil burning. Are you burning through oil faster than you think you should?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its White with a blueish tint.
here is what i think happened
When i got my engine covers powdercoated, there was excess sand on the inside of the covers, and inside the bearings on the right side engine cover. I cleaned just about all of it out, but i knew there was a small amount still in there. So!
I think the oil broke the sand down, and got into the pistons, and ripped up the O-ring, causing the leak.
then again...i have no idea what i am talking about, its just a guess on my part

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Toe said:
When i got my engine covers powdercoated, there was excess sand on the inside of the covers, and inside the bearings on the right side engine cover. I cleaned just about all of it out, but i knew there was a small amount still in there. So!
I think the oil broke the sand down, and got into the pistons, and ripped up the O-ring, causing the leak.
then again...i have no idea what i am talking about, its just a guess on my part
white with a blueish tint your bike is burning oil Toe how much oil would be the next serious question

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Toe said:
naw it shouldve been filtered through the oil filter. unless it was a large amount of sand. for the amount of oil in the pics.....i think its gotta be something else. wish i could help....but i have no clue either. gl mang

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
66RRJOE said:
WTF that is not normal? id hate to see how you maintain your vehicles.
Some blow back is normal especially when the bike is under the break-in period. However, this looks a bit excessive for a bike with 6,400 miles on it. When you combine this with the other issues Toe's bike is having it doesn't look good. Make sure they run a compression test as one of their first things to check. Let them do the diagnosis but the CT should be at the top of their list.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I had this happen on my Ninja 250. It had about 4k miles, but it wasnt anything like that. there was just a little bit of oil pooled in the corner of the airbox.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts