Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2007 CBR600rr has sprung a leak and I was able to find the source. It's coming from the opposite end of a bolt. I'm not sure if it's missing a washer or if the bolt is just loose. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached some photos. Red is where the oil is leaking from. Blue is the coolant drain bolt to help identify what you're looking at.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Are you sure that is the source of your leak? That looks like the back side of your water pump so I'm not sure how oil would be coming through there. I would think it's more likely that oil is coming from directly above it. You should clean the area real well and put some talcum powder in there to find the source. Might be difficult to get up in behind the pump though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not 100% certain that is the source, but there was in fact bubbles coming from that end when I had the bike turned on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Take your bike to a certified mechanic and let them check for you, you don't want to spill oil over the street / track > your back tire!

If you do need a new drain bolt check out MOTO-D's Honda CBR600RR Magnetic Oil Sump Bolt size M12x1.5. It comes with a new crush washer and is pre-drilled for safety wire so it can't rattle off at speed. www.motodracing.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts