Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new 2005 CBR 600RR and I think I got screwed. The FI light is on and the oil light is on. I havent gotten a chance to read the FI codes, but when the bike is running in neutral the oil light flashes twice and then stops and does this over and over. Once I put it into gear the light stays solid red. Ive rode the bike for probably close to 50-70 miles with no problems but I dont want to f*** anything up. Right now I have no choice but to ride the bike everyday because my car is broke down so the sooner someone can help me the better. I appreciate it guys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would check to see if you your oil at the right level or if its low on oil..and check to see if it needs to be changed.. I believe on the right side there is a sight glass to see where your oil level is and how dark your oil is..

·
Registered
232 Posts
just a dumb question why the "F" would you ride it 50-70 miles with the oil light flashing?!

·
Registered
12 Posts
oil light flashing

I have the same problem only mine blinks nine times over and over untill put in gear then it stays on. It's flashing a code. I have a shop manual on the way I'll post up what I find. But I wouldn't think it's the oil pump or pressure or you wouldn't have gotten two miles with no oil pressure. Rode mine yesterday for 40 miles and it ran fine.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
So I just got my new 2005 CBR 600RR and I think I got screwed. The FI light is on and the oil light is on. I havent gotten a chance to read the FI codes, but when the bike is running in neutral the oil light flashes twice and then stops and does this over and over. Once I put it into gear the light stays solid red. Ive rode the bike for probably close to 50-70 miles with no problems but I dont want to f*** anything up. Right now I have no choice but to ride the bike everyday because my car is broke down so the sooner someone can help me the better. I appreciate it guys.

2 blinks indicates a map sensor performance problem -- cause loose or poor contact on MAP sensor connector, open or short circuit in MAP Sensor WIER, or Faulty MAP sensor ... syptom is "engine operates normaly"

Trouble Shooting MAP:

First, make sure the vaccume line to the map is hooked up, its a small sensor, bottom half of the airbox, middle of the throttle assembly, very bottom

1. Map sensor hose inspection -- IS THE MAP SENSOR HOSE CONNECTION CORRECT!, if yes goto step 2, if no, correct it!
  2. MAP Sensor Output Voltage Inspection -- I cannt fully explain this as it requires a test harness testing connections b15 + and b17- for voltage readings, should be 2.7 to 3.1v, if its not the sensor is faulty, if it is, goto step 3
  3. Map Sensor Output voltage at idle. -- Start the engine, check the same connections as above, is voltage is less that 2.7 volts its possible a bad ECM, if its above 2.7 its a bad MAP.

9 blinks is IAT sensor Circuit Malfunction 00 Causes: loose or poor contact on IAT sensor, Open or short circuit in IAT sensor WIRE, Faulty IAT seonsor, syptoms are a normal running engine (simulate using numerical valuse; 25c / 77f) (IAT i bellive is Intake Air Temperature, this is a sensor in the top of the air box.

IAT TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. IAT Seonsor output voltage inspection, Turn the ignition to OFF, connect ECM test harness to ECM connectors, turn ignition on, measure the voltage at the test harness terminals -- b30 + and b17-
    Standard volages are 2.7 - 3.1v, is the voltage within 2.7 and 3.1v if yes, intermitent failure, loose or poor contact on the ecm connectors, if no goto step 2
  2. IAT Sensor input voltage inspection, Turn off the ignition, diconnect the IAT sensor 2p connector, TUrn on the ignition, measure the voltage at the wireharness side of IAT sensor connector
    Checking the Grey/blue - Green/Orange
    Is the voltage between 4.75 and 5.25?
    YEs - Goto step 3
    NO - Goto step 4
  3. IAT Sensor resistance inspection
    Turn the ignition switch off, Disconnect the IAT sensor 2p connector
    Measure the resistance at the IAT Sensor terminals (do so between 20 - 30 c or 68 0 85f)
    Standard measure ment would be between 1 and 4 ohms
    is the resistance btween 1 - 4 ohms?
    NO - Faulty IAT
    YES - goto Step 4
  4. IAT Sensor Open Circuit Inspection
    Turn the ignition switch OFF.
    Chech for continuity at the gray/blue and green / orange wire between the IAT sensor 2p connector terminal and the ECP 32p (light gray) connector)
    Is there continuity?
    Yes - GOTO Step 5
    NO - open circuit in the gray/blue or green / orange, locate and repair
  5. IAT sensor Output Line Shiort circuit Inspection
    Check for continuity between the IAT sensor 2p annector terminal of the wireharness side and ground, check gray/blue to ground
    is there continuity?
    YES - SHort in gray/blue wire, find and repair
    NO 0 replace the ECM with a known good one and recheck

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 blinks indicates a map sensor performance problem -- cause loose or poor contact on MAP sensor connector, open or short circuit in MAP Sensor WIER, or Faulty MAP sensor ... syptom is "engine operates normaly"

Trouble Shooting MAP:

First, make sure the vaccume line to the map is hooked up, its a small sensor, bottom half of the airbox, middle of the throttle assembly, very bottom

1. Map sensor hose inspection -- IS THE MAP SENSOR HOSE CONNECTION CORRECT!, if yes goto step 2, if no, correct it!
  2. MAP Sensor Output Voltage Inspection -- I cannt fully explain this as it requires a test harness testing connections b15 + and b17- for voltage readings, should be 2.7 to 3.1v, if its not the sensor is faulty, if it is, goto step 3
  3. Map Sensor Output voltage at idle. -- Start the engine, check the same connections as above, is voltage is less that 2.7 volts its possible a bad ECM, if its above 2.7 its a bad MAP.

9 blinks is IAT sensor Circuit Malfunction 00 Causes: loose or poor contact on IAT sensor, Open or short circuit in IAT sensor WIRE, Faulty IAT seonsor, syptoms are a normal running engine (simulate using numerical valuse; 25c / 77f) (IAT i bellive is Intake Air Temperature, this is a sensor in the top of the air box.

IAT TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. IAT Seonsor output voltage inspection, Turn the ignition to OFF, connect ECM test harness to ECM connectors, turn ignition on, measure the voltage at the test harness terminals -- b30 + and b17-
    Standard volages are 2.7 - 3.1v, is the voltage within 2.7 and 3.1v if yes, intermitent failure, loose or poor contact on the ecm connectors, if no goto step 2
  2. IAT Sensor input voltage inspection, Turn off the ignition, diconnect the IAT sensor 2p connector, TUrn on the ignition, measure the voltage at the wireharness side of IAT sensor connector
    Checking the Grey/blue - Green/Orange
    Is the voltage between 4.75 and 5.25?
    YEs - Goto step 3
    NO - Goto step 4
  3. IAT Sensor resistance inspection
    Turn the ignition switch off, Disconnect the IAT sensor 2p connector
    Measure the resistance at the IAT Sensor terminals (do so between 20 - 30 c or 68 0 85f)
    Standard measure ment would be between 1 and 4 ohms
    is the resistance btween 1 - 4 ohms?
    NO - Faulty IAT
    YES - goto Step 4
  4. IAT Sensor Open Circuit Inspection
    Turn the ignition switch OFF.
    Chech for continuity at the gray/blue and green / orange wire between the IAT sensor 2p connector terminal and the ECP 32p (light gray) connector)
    Is there continuity?
    Yes - GOTO Step 5
    NO - open circuit in the gray/blue or green / orange, locate and repair
  5. IAT sensor Output Line Shiort circuit Inspection
    Check for continuity between the IAT sensor 2p annector terminal of the wireharness side and ground, check gray/blue to ground
    is there continuity?
    YES - SHort in gray/blue wire, find and repair
    NO 0 replace the ECM with a known good one and recheck

I had the same problem mine was the sensor at the bottom of my air box to small hose was pulled out

·
Registered
5 Posts

I had the same problem mine was the sensor at the bottom of my air box to small hose was pulled out
Tenjin is a master thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts