Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i bought a 03 cbr600rr 2 years ago it rode fine for about a year and one day it starts die ing' on me in traffic i had to keep the rpms high to get to a safe spot , i leave it there for a couple days until my local place picks it up. they charged me 400 dollars to tell me i need a new throttle body which will cost $1000. i couldn't afford that at the time so i just took it home and was going to fix it my self .well i end up leaving it in the garage for a year almost and i bought a new throttle body but before that i bought a new battery when i installed the battery it started up perfect and its been starting up and driving fine not having changed the throttle body yet because it just got here , so when i turn on the bike the oil light goes off but after it sits for about 30 sec and hits its idling point it comes on and stays on there are no leaks .could the oil light have anything to do with the throttle body or where it sat for almost a year with out a oil change ? im not good with this stuff and cant afford to take it to my local place, help please.. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i know its such a nice shop but they charge way to much , it was 4 months before it broke down so it def. Does need a oil change i wasnt sure if that light meant oil change or something else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts