Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just picked up my 03 CBR 600 RR with 11,600 miles on it yesterday. Im coming over froma 2000 GSX-R so this is quite a change!
I have a couple questions about it.

When i start the bike put the stand up about 3-4 seconds my oil light flashes on. just one time. At the same time my FI light comes on, they then stay on and my revs pulse at idle100-200 rpms around 1300rpms

The bike rides smooth, no misses or sputters, its staying cool and has a full window of oil. So far i have ridden it about 12 miles to work and back with the light on.

My question is where do I start to diagnose this issue? I know the batt was recently changed and the gas smells a bit old. It is stock with the exception of a jardine slip on muffler, and tail light elim. I am going to purchase some octane booster to see if that may help clear it up.

I understand somthing about a number of flashes corasponding to a code but it just comes on one time and stays on. it dosnt flash flash flash kinda thing.

Next question. I have a clicking noise coming from the front tire. You can only really hear it at low speeds. It sounds like click click click haha
Im thinking wheel bearing?? thoughts??

and lastly I have no brake lights or tail lights. Could anyone point me in the right direction of a wiring diagram to trouble shoot this issue>?

Thanks for all the help!
I spent all my money on buying the bike so I cant afford to take it in so i gotta figure this stuff out!
thanks again!
-Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am not totally sure what is going on but if you pm me your email addy I will gladly email you a copy of the surface manual for the bike if you think that would be of any help

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update. I checked the coolant resivor and it was bone dry. I filled her up but still have the same problems.???

Also fixed the rear light, it was unhooked!

So now any thoughts on the oil light??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since i got no help, i took it in
Map Sensor Vacuum line. Mine came off and put it back on and reset the codes.
Prob fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts