Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys,
i have just installed a PCIII and oil pressure light all of a sudden stays on, so i may have knocked about the wire or something as i was playing about installing injectors tps etc.

where is the oil pressure sensor? any pics of it, colour of its wires, how many wires connected to it etc, all info is needed hence no stuff ups :)

HERE IT IS FOR OTHER LOOKING TO KNOW ALSO>>LATER FOUND IT

bike wont rev past 4000rpm now either, and i have disconnected the PCIII and still same issue, by mistake i did place the tps sensor to this part and tried staring it as i thought it was the tps but soon realised it wasnt and connected it to the sensor i have pictured far below confirming it is the tps.
sigh i just want it started and working :(

just above lower injectors in the middle..

connected to fuelling im guessing

actual TPS correct?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope its all hooked back up and with the PCIII connectors out, so back to original conncetions, thought i would work backwards and start fresh..but still wont rev past 4000rpm so not PCIII issue, now its a sensor issue it seems. may have knocked played with it by misake perhaps

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
this is pic of the oil pressure switch, with rubber boot taken off it, just to the right of oil gauge window, need to take fairing off to get to it,

Demented what do you mean by error codes? how do i get these? all that is happening is as following pics show from dash ignition just on, and then when fired up
in haynes it stated to unscrew oil sensor wire and if the light still remains on with it un attached then to replace the sensor, well light still on but i dont get how all of a sudden that has just died and dont want to spend $50 to find out later it was ok..damn it

and this is still happening without the power commander hooked up, so happens with or withou the PCIII

ignition on red light stays on constantly now, even when just sitting idling, oil level ok, doesnt go away as its suppose to

bike up and running, but only revs up to 4000rpm

·
BOTM 07/09
1,728 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All sorted..the problem was the TPS sensor, when i placed it back i did not place it back 100% accurate, angle originally it was meant to be, i was about 5% off the mark. So probably why they use security screw type fixture to those 2 screws supporting it.

so FI display has gone along with the red led display..

So a lesson to all whom install PCIII by themself for the first time..KEEP TRACK OF EVERY LITTLE THING, AS IT CAN COME BACK TO BITE YOU LATER ON, EVEN A SIMPLE 5% OFF BEING EXACT ANGLE..lol

thanks all for your help..i will become a mechanic by the end of all of this..lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.