Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the bike back together. Now the oil pressure light is on. In the oil sight window Should I be able to see the oil running in the window when the engine is running? I cant see it running ! WTF HELP

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
i don't think you can see the oil when the bike is running...not sure though..check it after you stop the bike and wait 15min for the oil to drop back down into the pan. make sure you have enough oil in her....

·
Registered
145 Posts
You won't be able to see the oil level when the engine is running because it's kinda swooshing around...switch the engine off, put the bike on a level base, then let it settle for a few minutes.

Did you add or remove any oil? My old R1 used to bring up the oil light on some occasions, but the levels were fine, so I suspect some dodgy electrical connection somewhere...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Check your dodgy service manual and look for bloody oil press. indicator light symptoms. At least it's a start, 'innit?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHen it is running.... If you look at the oil sight window.... Can you see oil flowing or something in the window? I thought you could. I think my old f4 was like that.

Will someone please check. I am kinda freakin out.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
NO I never seen it flowing through the sight glass on mine... when you turn on the bike it should disappear and then when you turn it off it should return to the sight glass in 5-10 mins...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked the connection but I didn't have the oil pressure gauge.

I am glad I am not suposed to see oild in the sight glas when running.

AlpineJim said:
Could try this or check the connection of the pressure switch

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Forget about your oil level. It propbably has nothing to do with oil. The light is an MIL (Malfunctioning Indicator Lamp) and can come on when you have FI problems too. What were you just working on? A PCIII install? You could have a short somewhere in one of the PIN connectors or one hooked up wrong.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I just disconected and reconected the PCIII.

Will it go away?

NewRedRider said:
Forget about your oil level. It propbably has nothing to do with oil. The light is an MIL (Malfunctioning Indicator Lamp) and can come on when you have FI problems too. What were you just working on? A PCIII install?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts