Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike last Tuesday, it had 1900 Miles on it and im not sure when the last time the oil was changed. Should I change the oil soon. I put 250 Miles on the bike already, and when i looked at the Oil it seemed pretty dark looking. If so, what Oil should i use?

·
Registered
286 Posts
When in doubt CHANGE the oil, it cant hurt the bike to change the oil, and it sure as hell can hurt the bike to NOT change the oil... DUAh!

That being said, I personaly didnt change my oil after the 600 mile service untill I hit 3000 miles, again at 6000, and now at 9000.

·
Registered
730 Posts
MavrickDrummer said:
I got my bike last Tuesday, it had 1900 Miles on it and im not sure when the last time the oil was changed. Should I change the oil soon. I put 250 Miles on the bike already, and when i looked at the Oil it seemed pretty dark looking. If so, what Oil should i use?
Just change it. Honda GN4 10W40 is the oil to use.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bennyboi said:
ten bucks says marshall shows a scanned pic of the manual. :lol2:

I need to get an owners manual for the bike as well as a shop manual. I got the bike used so it didnt have a manual.

·
Registered
423 Posts
if the oil is a golden color and not black or dark dark brown I wouldnt change it. Because if your oil is a light amber color or Golden that that means it was recently changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts