Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :puke:
what's up with that? I took the cooland out with an extractor pump. GOt almost all of it out. Earlier, I had ridden the bike home with a bent cooling pipe. I stopped every 10 minutes and topped up with water, misted the radiator to cool it, misted the entine after a few minutes with spray, topped her up again, wated another 5 minutes, etc.

Stopped 2 times on my way home, it was not very far. I had ridden miles without doing any damage on my old R6. Miles and miles at hithway speed with an empty radiator (don't ask)

anyways. I guess I should flush the system...right? If any more shows up, or if it smokes, I guess it's done for. WHat do you say? What about using a clear hose?

Oh, and another possibility......THe extractor pump was previously used for oil, so, that might be it, just examining the possibiulities. It owuld be nice to get a high compression head gasket and this might be just the excuse!

·
Registered
821 Posts
:( :puke:
...I took the cooland out with an extractor pump...

...THe extractor pump was previously used for oil, so, that might be it, just examining the possibiulities. It owuld be nice to get a high compression head gasket and this might be just the excuse!
I can darn near guarantee you, your oily sheen is from using an oily pump. If you had a blown head gasket, you'd notice more than just a "sheen"!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Head gasket. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well, first off, you didn't get almost all of it out if you used an extractor pump. There is a drain bolt by the water pump and even that doesn't get it all out.

Next, a bent pipe??? Was it leaking too, then its not a bent pipe, it is broken and coolant is spilling out.

I think, if you want to keep from spending a lot of money, take your bike to the dealership for repairs. And don't ride a bike that you have to stop and spray water on the radiator and engine to keep it cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts