Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 04 600rr its got 24k on it
I see black oil thru the peep hole so since not knowing how long last change was I wanna change it

I went to the honda shop and the HP4 is outrageous

what oild do you guys reccomend I use?
and where do you get your filters?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Two things,

1. Learn to search
2. Rotella T6
Honestly, Theres a half dozen oil threads on the first page.

lol, you guys expect a person to do them selves a favor, when they can just type in more words than required to search, and then wait for an answer to be spoon fed to them?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Peanut Oil FTMFW

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
rotella T6. not t5, T6.

filter of your choice.. stay away from fram and k&n, known to be shitty filters. the purolator or wix filter, or the oem filter, are all good.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've been using hot butter in my engine. Runs a little rough at start up, but once it gets warmed up its smooth as....

Damian
No way man, it messes with the clutch, margarine FTW.

Seriously though when people post such a question in this forum do they NOT see the other dozen what oil should i use threads?

I mean one doesn't even have to search, just click on the oil heading ang BANG thread after thread after thread.

·
Registered
389 Posts
We all started out somewhere. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is forgivable provided that it is remedied quickly. Stupidity....well, life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

FWIW to the OP:
Any freaking xxW-40 oil that doesn't say "energy conserving" JASO MA (or MA2) rating on the back of the bottle a plus.

Popular and proven oils in no particular order:
Amsoil MCF
Rotella T6
Mobil 1 4T
etc
etc
etc

Honda GN4. Good. Not really great. Horrendously expensive.

Exotics: (as in usually hard to find depending on location)
Repsol
Silkolene
Motul

I'm sure there's about 50 more really good brands out there.

If you're cheap but still want something good get Rotella T6 in the blue jug at WalMart. T6 is one of the better synthetics out there. If you want to be a super cheap ass go get Rotella 15w-40. (Meets JASO MA specs but does not say so on the bottle) Yeah the diesel stuff at the truck stops. It'll work, it's arguably the best conventional oil on the market. It'll suck in the cold but in the hot summers you won't feel any difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i use Mobil 1 4T Full synthetic oil for all my bikes about $10/quart at autozone, kragen etc...

969 Posts
Sometimes (many), it is better to start a new thread or new information does not come to the surface.

Such as AMSOIL has reformulated their M/C oils once again even though they still led the pack.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts