Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 600rr. Installed a hotbodies undertail exhaust kit and added resistors about 5 rides ago. No problems. Went for a ride tonight and went down my drive way (very steep) and when I got to the road I went to accelerate and the red light came on and the bike lost power for a couple seconds. The light went off and I continued. Went down another hill later and slowed for the stop sign, pulled the clutch and the light went on.....rpms went down....and bike stalled out. Started right back up, took off and got some gas because it was low and I thought it would be that. Was on flat ground through town and it happened again...lost power with the red light on. I continued and it was ok but running a bit sloppy. Any ideas? I changed the oil 100miles ago.

D

·
0 Posts
Check your oil level. It should be in the middle of the sight window with the bike straight up and down on both wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
light

Checked it out. It shows nothing while on the kickstand, but is 1/2 or more when straight. Either way I added 1/8 to 1/4 quart. Took it for another ride.....same route. Everything was fine and then I got a little past the flat part in town where it did it before. Lost power and the light came on (sold not blinking) it showed the oil picture. Pulled over, stalled and restarted. Took it for a longer ride after restarting (out of town) and everything was fine. Buzzed around town for a but and went home. Just in case it matters: temps up to 218F in town at 30mph.....down to 185F at 55mph

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Checked it out. It shows nothing while on the kickstand, but is 1/2 or more when straight. Either way I added 1/8 to 1/4 quart. Took it for another ride.....same route. Everything was fine and then I got a little past the flat part in town where it did it before. Lost power and the light came on (sold not blinking) it showed the oil picture. Pulled over, stalled and restarted. Took it for a longer ride after restarting (out of town) and everything was fine. Buzzed around town for a but and went home. Just in case it matters: temps up to 218F in town at 30mph.....down to 185F at 55mph
the oil was about perfect before you added any thing... though you shouldnt be to far off as it is

sadley i dont know about the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts