Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I don't know if this has been posted before but here we go. I was washing and waxing my bike today and decided to take a look at the viewhole thing for the oil. It looks like no oil. I take it off the kickstand and have my friend hold the bike straight, still no oil. It runs fine, just had my 600 oil change at the dealership, and the oil light is not on. Now I just lubed my chain after the wash. I used 80w gear oil and i took it for a short ride to dry it off etc. I came back and there was black oil on the ground. I think it was only gear oil since I lubed it up pretty good and it smelled like gear oil. My question is am I FUBAR'ed if I try and run it again or....

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
let it sit for a few then check the oil off the stand.. if theres no oil still just add oil... and check for oil leaks..

how has it been since the dealer changed the oil?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
did you have your bike on level ground bro?? peeps wash their
bikes on the slopes of their driveways and not realize it.

as for the chain...im assuming you jus slapped the gear oil on
the chain and not cleaned the chain...if so.....
then that black oil on the ground is probably from the chain.
clean oil mixing with the old dirty sh!t on your chain and dripping off.
you should be aight mang.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was on level ground and I did clean the chain with kerosene. It was my first time so that was fun. I don't know if I did it correctly but it works. So I'm guessing I should just add a little oil. Lubing the chain with gear oils a fookin bitch! Drippin everywhere.

And thanks for the help guys.

SLAPS808 said:
did you have your bike on level ground bro?? peeps wash their
bikes on the slopes of their driveways and not realize it.

as for the chain...im assuming you jus slapped the gear oil on
the chain and not cleaned the chain...if so.....
then that black oil on the ground is probably from the chain.
clean oil mixing with the old dirty sh!t on your chain and dripping off.
you should be aight mang.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
oh i see....yah it sucks mang.

as for the oil....jus have your friend hold her up straight and you pour oil
little by little til you see the oil level rise to the top line on the view window.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
you dont need to use that much gear oil you can wipe it off with a rag... you just want a film on it..

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yo dohboy, add some oil pal, can hurt, just add a little bit at a time.... as for the chain, i use a silicon based silkolene chain lube, nicer on the orings on the chain , good luck.

·
Registered
739 Posts
dohboy said:
Lubing the chain with gear oils a fookin bitch! Drippin everywhere.

And thanks for the help guys.
Lol just apply it the same way that you cleaned it. Get a clean rag, pour a generous amount of oil on it, grab the chain and spin the wheel. That way ya get no drips :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts