Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , im just curious here i want some advices .. i usually put Motul 300V 10w40 in my bike ..but i did try once to put a cheaper brand oil like the ROTELLA T6 .. it was pretty great and way cheaper i heard people at the track somehow use this oil because its cheaper and you can get it anywhere ...what are your thoughts??.. i didnt use the ROTELLA in my cbr tho it was on my ZX10R 2006 (STREET USE).

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
use any oil you want, so long as it's safe to use with a wet clutch. people argue over this endlessly.

now we'll get 50 posts below mine from people saying they use this type of oil and have never had any issues, so it must be good. because anecdotal evidence is apparently all you need.

my friend joe filled his crank case with peanut oil and never had any issues, so i suggest you use peanut oil.

i swear people use expensive oils so they can brag about it on the forums

"i only use motul 300v in my baby, change it every 1500 miles"

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I use whatever is cheapest and meets specifications. There's no way I would pay $$$$ for 300V when it gets dumped every 6-8000km.

I'm running silkolene 10w-30 I think atm, was about $40 for the 3L.

·
August 2015 BOTM Winner / Domo
642 Posts
300v all day everyday! love how that ish smells!!! like bananas :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd go with whatever ester based or something oil that landrover sells your for the new 5.0's. Super duper high temp oil for only like $25 a quart so its gotta be good. Bike should offroad pretty good at that point too.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
In recently did a change, and used Penrite HPR5 Full Synthetic 5w-40. Also used a Ryco Z436 oil filter which is for a car.

Oil was $100 for 10L, and being full synthetic it was cheap. Did oil change on car and bike.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As mentioned lots of threads on this topic. I've run most all of the oils and never messed up a motor. Seemed like the Rotella would make move valve train noise quicker than some others especially in hot weather. Not a bad oil and cheap. I wouldn't try to run as long (in miles) an oil change interval with it though. But I only put 18,000 miles on my CBR in three years, 46,000 on my FZ6 in 4 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts