Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been using motul 5100 for the last 12 months (1500miles) in my 03 Cbr600rr,but want to try possibly the 7100 or 300V,anyone using or used these or recommends either?
​​​​​​​ Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have been reading up and it seems fully synthetic is a better option,also,I’ve noticed my current oil getting very dark in only 1500 miles

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,792 Posts
the purpose of your engine oil is to keep your engine free from particulate deposition. if your oil is NOT getting dark, it's not working.

honda's engineers produce some of the finest and most reliable small engines in the world, and they recommmend you use semi synth GN4.

spending more on oil will reduce your net worth, not much more than that. marketing is very strong and many go for it, but using 300v in your street bike is pissing away your money

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes full synthetic is better. Which brand really doesn't matter. I go with whatever is cheapest at the time, so usually mobil1 or valvoline.
Oil serves a much larger purpose then keeping your engine clean, but Wibbly is 100% correct in that the color of your oil doesn't matter and is supposed to get darker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts