Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I managed to get rid of the RR...Just needed something a little bigger that's all (I"m 6'4" bout 270)... and besides I got a good deal.... Don't get me wrong, I loved the RR. The color (yellow) was awsome, the performance was bar none for a 600 but I figured it's time to move up..... I would have gotten the 1000RR but it's about the same size as the 600RR so I had to get the Kawasaki... Here she is...

·
Registered
172 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Hey "Traitor"... ;-) ...at least it isnt a Busa.
adamsky27, He probably picked that over the zx-10 because of size. He said he wanted a bigger bike. The new liters are hardly any bigger than our 600s.

·
Registered
314 Posts
VinRR said:
adamsky27, He probably picked that over the zx-10 because of size. He said he wanted a bigger bike. The new liters are hardly any bigger than our 600s.

Good point, still haven't had my coffee yet today...

C

·
0 Posts
Good luck with it. Im not a big fan on the ZX12, it looks a little overweight.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
VinRR said:

Or maybe he actually meant "Trader" You know...like he traded the 600RR for the ZX-12? Eh? Eh? Hhhmmmm..... :roll:

V

·
0 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Or maybe he actually meant "Trader" You know...like he traded the 600RR for the ZX-12? Eh? Eh? Hhhmmmm..... :roll:
In the words of Al Borland... "I dont think so Tim." ;-) Who knows.. :D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nice bike. slightly more powerful. have fun.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My buddy has a 2001 ZX12R and it's like a couch compared to our RR's very comfortable and very fast! It loves sweepers but gets a little scary in the really tight stuff. They have one of the best exhaust notes ever with a pipe on them. That new front end is the poo too! Nice bike and good luck with it, not too many wheelies ok ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going from a 600 to a 1200 is a kick in the pants. The RR pulls, but the 12R wants to separate your arms from your wrists....It will make your ******* pucker for sure....I've got just over 1000 miles on her and haven't had to go above 8 grand.. There isn't a need to take it above 8 grand. Haven't had her to the track yet, it can wait still getting used to her.... I will say this, Honda's engine runs alot smoother then the Kawi.... THe 12 has a vibration that will rattle the ol' nut sack at about 4500 RPM's... It's just the way the are....Honda's engine dept. has got the **** going on....

H

·
0 Posts
it is a niec bike... i would have gone with the RC-51 IMHO.... it is bigger and i think it would have fit you well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sat on a lot of bikes before I decided. Didn't like the ergo's of the RC51.... The ones that fit me was the 04 r1 and the ZX12. I decided on the 12 because it seemed to be a little more touring oriented. Nothing against the R1 cause it was a hell of a bike, just not suited for two up as well...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Those things...like the busa...scare the piss out of me! Have fun at the track with it. Just be carefull comming out of the corners if you are used to the RR.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts