Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she will finally be finished this coming weekend. (if my parts come in)

i went down due to some sorta film on a wet road on october 26th 2003. lowside, 50 ft into a guard rail at 30 mph. i along with the bike. I walked away with only a sprained ankle after hitting the gaurd rail due to the love of my lifes xmas present last year (sidi vert race). and due to me wearing FULL gear. all LEATHER! not mesh ****. anyway, im pretty damn excited since it will be good to go and ready for the first trackday this weekend. so i figured i'd share my excitment with the guys. i actually took it for a spin on friday. felt so good. all i need now are rotors, windscreen (ordering today) and a wait for my dzus fasteners to come in. (hopefully today) then finish the clearcoat on the bodywork and mount it up. BTW, this bike is now track/race only. i am hoping to have my racing license within the next couple of months money permitting. wish me luck. i think im gonna throw a bbq for my bike. lol

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Re: Ok guys, shes been up on stands since OCTOBER 26th BUT..

600rrpilot said:
and due to me wearing FULL gear. all LEATHER! not mesh s**t.
I am in the mark to buy some gear right now, I take it I should buy leather? :smile:

At anyrate, good luck!

Jason

H

·
0 Posts
I have gone down with mesh on at around 30 - 40 mph and it worked fine...sprained ankle..but that was due to the bike landing on it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weird, your accident is basically the exact description of mine. I didn't have a sprained ankle, but my boot looked like it exploded. That full gear thing is amazing isn't it ;) I jumped right up after i slid into the rail...

Did i mention the car almost running me over? That was fun, dumb tailgaters. As soon as I pick up another bike, I'm going racing as well. The trackdays I did were a lot of fun, so I'm going to do that for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts