Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I couldn't start my bike after I cranes out my tank and everything. I bought another harness to avoid the problems of it being that (plus it was mess). I connected it and still no prime. I'm starting to think that I connected something wrong in the fuelpump. Cause the wires coming from the harness have voltage but the fuel pump doesn't prime. But if I straight wire the fuel pump it primes. Doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone have a picture of their fuel pump assembly and the connection of how everything is supposed to be wired to make sure I didn't fkk something up when I cleaned it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What year bike do you have? I have an 08, not sure if its the same fuel pump assembly as yours. If so, then your in luck because I had the same problem less than a day ago. After straightening the wires (Black and blue) the fuel pump would prime and when I released them (in their natural state) the fuel pump would not prime. I replaced the wires and the female disconnecters (the female disconnecters are held in the plastic clips). Unfortunately the smallest female disconnecters that I could fine locally were .110inches. So I did not use the plastic clips. Make sure though that the wires do not touch or your gas tank will be a bomb. I used heat shrink shields to solve that problem.

Although all you may need to do is clean the female disconnecters and you'll be fine. I did that and it work temporarily but ended up taking off the plastics three times! until i just decided to fix it for good.

As long as you are not crossing the blue and black wire over each other it should be fine. He's a link to the picture... (It looks exactly like this)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=fuel+pump+2008+cbr600rr&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=v558Hx7TUsCOkM&tbnid=RNBW7L5Q-QBUbM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http://www.hills-bikes.co.uk/honda-cbr-600-rr-rr7-rr8-2007-2008-fuel-pump-p-5719.html&ei=JuYSUpiBEvTi4AOosYAg&bvm=bv.50952593,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNF59eqIjdlNQ4OmSoQ-lvzUJdBZQw&ust=1377056651843486

1 - 2 of 2 Posts