Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys,my girlfriend came down to my house yesterday to see me and she told me that on the way,she noticed a big trailer with its doors open,parked at the Honda dealer where I ordered my 600RR.I just told her it was most likely their personal trailer for pick-ups and such.We were already planning to go there anyway to pick out a nice helmet for her to buy,so we got there,and as I was pulling in,I noticed a full-size tractor-trailer with its doors open,unloading fresh motorcycles..Right beside the trailer was what appeared to me to be the top frame from some motorcycle crates.Anyway,we were in looking at helmets and while the lady was busy for a minute,I took a peek into the back shop..What do I see?? A big box with "CBR600RR5" on the side of it.Just wondering;would the "5" represent 2005? I am asking because I asked the lady if my bike was in yet and she said "no,but we have a very large shipment due anytime now"..I think my bike was JUST brought in and she had no idea the transport was there and being unloaded.Anyway,sorry for the massive novel.I'm pumped!..Going back today and I'll get my answer from the guy I deal with from financing who wasn't there yesterday.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just made my day,BaldBastard!! I'll take my digi with me when I go today and if it's mine and they let me go back and see it,I'll take some pics for you guys.I've been so excited about this bike,but once I see it up close,it's gonna be surreal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know the feeling, went to the dealer yesterday and they just had there first shippment arrive and one of them is mine, as the salesman confirmed :razz: It is now ten days to my delivery date!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure hope they got the one I ordered.It would be kind of dumb for them to bring in other colors before they bring in the ones they've already sold.Maybe when I go there today there will be one or two on the floor.OK I'm going there right now.LOL :bounce:

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
RHINO-RR said:
I sure hope they got the one I ordered.It would be kind of dumb for them to bring in other colors before they bring in the ones they've already sold.Maybe when I go there today there will be one or two on the floor.OK I'm going there right now.LOL :bounce:
They've already been on order to receive ALL colors, not just the ones that customers have put a deposit on.

New bike arrivals are based on Honda's production/shipping, not on specific color requests.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see..So how it works is they get a certain amount of each color,and those who put in a deposit on the bikes available in the first shipment are first in line.Sounds good to me.I gave them my deposit around Dec or Jan I believe.Thanks for filling me in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was the second customer to order the 05 600RR and the first customer to order the black and this is why I went into order early so I could guarantee that I was first man!

H

·
0 Posts
yeah that is how my dealer works... they know what they will get color wise and they take orders on those for the first shipment.. i remember when the 1000rr came out they sold out there first 3 trucks... and this was before the dealer even had pics...

good luck with the bike... i hope they have yours there...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well,I went to the dealer as I said I would and she's there and even more beautiful in person! Funny,the box that had the "CBR600RR5" that I mentioned in my first post above was the one containing my bike!!

Have a look.
http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26862

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.