Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

ok im a dumba$$ and i don't know whats going on

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  deeP 
#1 ·
ok here's the situation... my gf and i went riding the other day and we stopped at a routine stoplight. i stopped fine and when i turned around i hear this crack and her bike is on the ground. lol! supposedly the bike stalled or died or something and made the bike jump a little. i asked her if she had the bike in gear and let go of the clutch and she said that the clutch was in. so im like ??? how the hell did the bike stall?

well anyway.. i picked up the bike which is an '01 F4I by the way, and it wouldn't start! wut the $hit is that all about. anyway, when i try to start it, it tries to crank for maybe a half second and then quits and makes this fast clicking sound then stops. then i turn the key off and then back on and it does the same thing over and over. after a while if i leave the key in the "on" position it wouldn't do anything at all, not even try to crank. do i need to charge the battery? the lights are still on and nothing was damaged from the tip over... i am confused as balls right now guys... anybody help me?

#8 ·
fack!!! i just bought a battery tester and the fuse for the tester blew... omg!!! frikken waste of time and i'm too lazy to go buy another fuse... anyway i think its just the battery now, the lights are beginning to dim and the high beam doesnt even want to come on some of the times now.

#14 ·
Is it possible that the clutch cable snapped? It just happened to someone I know so that's why mention it. It would explain your gf not letting the clutch out and the bike "lurching"....

Though I think you would notice the lack of tension on the clutch lever...

#17 ·
blackvomit said:
Is it possible that the clutch cable snapped? It just happened to someone I know so that's why mention it. It would explain your gf not letting the clutch out and the bike "lurching"....

Though I think you would notice the lack of tension on the clutch lever...
I have always kind of worried about my clutch cable snapping, If that occurs what is the best way to handle it?

#18 ·
if you cant reach down and work the mechanism with your hand or even with your foot while you are trying to pull off somewhere and stop then leave it in as high a gear as possible and stop so the bike dies.

#19 ·
if you cant reach down and work the mechanism with your hand or even with your foot while you are trying to pull off somewhere and stop then leave it in as high a gear as possible and stop so the bike dies. again, while getting off of the road of course lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.