Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came here a newbie with the best bike ever made."my opinion." Anyways had a couple of spills and thought that I would never get on the thing again. Even though some of you thought that my questions where dumb and had to bash me about them some of you were actually about to help me. I just wanted to let you know that I really apprecitate the help that some of you have given me. I have been able to to put about 1500 twisty miles on since June. Let me tell you I love the twisties. But there is a down side to the message. I want you all to know that I really don't appreaciate the bashing. Here is a link that a fellow RR rider had to just go and post somewhere else bashing me again.

http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5508

This is the kind of stuff that I don't understand. If you are just trying to help then way are you doing stuff like this.

V

·
0 Posts
Im with you on that one JR.. that is just plain ignorance right there. :neutral:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
JR - ride safe and learn well. EVERYONE was a newbie once and too often people need to degrade others to feel good about themselves. Don't let it get you too down, improve your skills and invite them to meet you at the track.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
too much to read for me...

good job sticking with riding man

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeah, the sad thing is wherever you go your going to run into these types. These old guys who've been "riding for years", think they know more about riding than everyone else and want to tell everyone their business. Everyone's got to start somewhere. Just stick with it, you'll be smoking them in time. Probably a lot of these guys are just pissed b/c you've just started and are able to try/do things they don't have the balls to do.

Stick w/ it and have fun!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome JR- I quit going to that forum but maybe once a week now. The people here are much better instead of the same 10 guys proving di#k sizes on the internet!!

Stick with it- it only gets easier!

·
Registered
504 Posts
well

Dont let that TOOL bother you. He talks about squid this and that, forget about him. Just keep posting and forget about it. Keep asking your questions and let us know your progress. Let him and his boyfriends have fun bashing you. Thats their issue. I mean you even got people bashing this site in that post.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Jr, dont worry about it, just continue to ask questions if u have them,if they bash , so be it, some of these guys have nothing else better to do..as u can see it got posted on another forum...just be safe man....and dont take it personally :D i stop posting cuz most of the questions i have ,have already been asked

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
JR... if you thought i was bashing you - well, i wasnt... if it came out like that - i apologize...again, if you remember or read any of the other threads, i was the one backing you up to not give up riding and just practice and you'll get there... then you bring up you know everything about the bike - well... lets not get into that again...
all im saying is that you need to be smart enough to know what you're doing and the consequences youre getting urself into... again, you are an adult with a wife and kid - do you really think that people would condone you doing wheelies and burnouts?? NO (and again, these are their opinions also)... you do whatever the hell you want but just be ready to be "criticized" for this is an open forum...
i remember tell you this also from the old threads - RIDE WITHIN UR LIMITS and im telling you this again... this is the only thing i can tell you and hopefully you do it for your sake and ur family...
payce!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I taught my self everything that I know about about riding. No motorcycle courses. Never even sat on a bike. Went and bought the RR. Started kindof sketchy but I am never off the thing now. I can drive about 7 miles down the high way and have unlimited amounts of curves. Its awsome, I hit them everyday.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
its good that you feel comfy on a bike..

im with CBR619RR.. i probably sounded like i was bashing you the other day as well.. but i wasnt.. i apologize if it came off that way as well.

just be smart and ride safe..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah no matter where you go I think people are always gonna be sarcastic or bash on you no matter what. It doesn't matter who is doing it or who is recieving it, what I always figure is take the source of it into consideration. Don't let people get to you and just roll with it. One good example on this site is Aren. No matter what he says people always got something to flame him with, but in his case he takes it and jokes with it. I think most people are just having fun and then there are a select few that just hate themselves so they pride off cutting on other. JMO. This is a great site and alot of great people here to talk to. Ride safe, later.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ok, everything is nice and dandy now. This TOOL was only trying to get a point across, i admit it was a bit harsh, but that's how i was taught. Ever since the season started, people were going down like flys, and I'M trying to keep that from happening. I apologized for my actions and he has accepted my apology, so let's move on to something else, perhaps, how i need to learn how to do figure 8's. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These old guys who've been "riding for years", think they know more about riding than everyone else and want to tell everyone their business
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm 23, so i dunno what 'old' guys you speak of.

I taught my self everything that I know about about riding. No motorcycle courses. Never even sat on a bike. Went and bought the RR. Started kindof sketchy but I am never off the thing now. I can drive about 7 miles down the high way and have unlimited amounts of curves. Its awsome, I hit them everyday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See, were on the same boat! I bought the bike without knowing how to ride the freaken thing! I just passed my MSF course this passed Sunday, and now i'm just waiting to get my completion card so that i can get my license.(Yeah, all this time i've been riding on a permit) :cry:

·
Registered
504 Posts
yeah

jrdenney said:
Everyone learns their own way I suppose. I tried to get into the MSF course but here in Jersey they were all booked...forever. So I had friends teach me on the bike I was gonna ride after I would have taken the MSF anyway. I wouldnt have been comfortable without anybody teaching me. These guys showed me alot.
If you're gonna take any advice from anyone here just ride within your limits. You still have less than a year riding experience.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Jr, I hope you did'nt think me post was bashing you. In fact, if you will read it again I point that out. If you misread or were mislead I apologize. Keep riding and posting but again try to see we all have riding limits. Don't try to go to far over your head. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts