Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually, could be normal for all I know. I was having a spirited ride home tonight when approaching the final turn for my street. I was going a bit fast I will say, no one was out and I have a few twisties in my neighborhood to enjoy. But when I braked, and braked hard I might add, the rear tire skidded - nothing out of the ordinary. I had the clutch pulled in at the same time ready to down shift, but before I could let out the clutch I was still skidding for a bit holding the bike sideways, again nothing I didn't expect but what I didn't expect is the bike to shut off?!?! I can't think of any reason why the bike shut off. . . I wasn't in a lean, so the tip sensor couldn't activate. I had no wheel hop or anything abnormal, just the rear tire skidding for a distance with the clutch pulled in. I usually skid my tire on ocassion just for laughs - I like going sideways, but I've never had this happen before. . .

I'm sure my post doesn't seem coherent, its late and I'm about to hit the sack but does anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Did you 2 finger the clutch lever? Maybe the clutch wasn`t fully disengaged when the rear wheel got light under braking and locked up. That could cause a stall.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Maybe when you were skidding sideways, the sideways force made that little ball inside the sensor also go to to "kill engine, bike is tipped over" position.....just a guess. :) Did you have to turn the key off and turn it back on to restart it? Or did you just hit the start button again after it died? If the tip over sensor is activated, you will have to turn the key off, and then back on again in order to have the engine restart.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just clicked it in neutral and it fired back up. . . And yes I have it adjusted for two finger pull, should be well more than enough to warrant a complete disengage.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CBRBob said:
Sounds like you locked it prior to squeezing the clutch.
Possibly, I wasn't paying that much of attention. But its 2nd nature to me to pull the clutch in while breaking hard. I'll see if it happens again.

C

·
0 Posts
I did that too .. to much rear brake on the straights comming into a sharp right turn. Kinda scary. .... I was just concerned that the skipping would make me overshoot the turn.... :roll: .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts