^^^ from the buyers pocket. lol

·
Registered
924 Posts
Pesos - lol nice.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Damn what makes people think they can sell a bike for that much when it doesnt cost that much brand new?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I bet some retarded wannabe drug dealer pays it.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
CrazyLocoDude said:
Damn what makes people think they can sell a bike for that much when it doesnt cost that much brand new?
It does cost that much brand new in Southern California. Our discount dealer charges $8900 OTD. The dealer near me wants $12.5K OTD!! The actual average price people pay here for that bike is $10K OTD. You are getting a deal at $9K OTD here, believe it or not.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
James06CBR said:
It does cost that much brand new in Southern California. Our discount dealer charges $8900 OTD. The dealer near me wants $12.5K OTD!! The actual average price people pay here for that bike is $10K OTD. You are getting a deal at $9K OTD here, believe it or not.
Glad I'm in the Gee A.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
James06CBR said:
Cali or not, no way Im paying 12k for a 600 even if its a freakin 2007!

I had bought mine for 9.1k OTD with 2 upgrades + a helmet, jacket, and gloves for the wife. This was in Miami - (Yes squidlyville hahaha) but I knew I was coming to Socal.

Usually bikes aren't like cars in the sense they can be talked down.

Mainly b/c they don't yield much commission for the salesman to begin with (10k compared to 20k+ for a car)

The area does drive the price. The high demand in Socal makes it easier for dealers to refuse selling it for lower than MSRP but that's worst case scenario. You as the buyer have every right to walk out up until you sign the contract.

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I got mine for 9,000 OTD. I'm in SO CAL... I thought it was a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't know if I could justify buying a new bike...unless I can 'play' with money. I bought my '03 with 3k miles for 5300, delivered, in March '06. I think come December, I could pick-up an '03-'04 for 4500. Of course that would never happen in SoCal...I guess that's one good reason for living in a place where there's 4 seasons.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts