Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
today i was off of work and was feeling really stressed. the company i work for is being sold and the company my wife works for is also being sold. so i went for a little ride, about 70-80 miles away from home i noticed my last fuel bar was blinking (and i didnt know for how long) no big deal the next exit said "shell" so i pull up to the pump and couldnt believe i forgot my wallet. the guy next to me said "whats up" and i said "i am screwed, im 80 miles away from home out of gas and cant find my wallet". he said... i can help, pull your bike around to my pump. i tried to get his address but he wouldnt give it to me and i dont even know his name. this thread is to suggest everyone put some money under their rear seat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good idea on the spare cash. There is one thing I like better about my Yamaha FZ6 over the 600rr and thats how the fuel gauge works(same gauge as an R6). When the last bar on the gauge starts flashing, the trip-A odometer reverts to zero miles and what is called trip-F. This is the start of your reserve fuel and once it begins I know I have about 30 miles before I'm out of gas. If you look down and find that the last bar is flashing on the fuel gauge it doesn't matter if you don't know when it started because one of the trip odometers is telling you how many miles you have traveled since the bar started flashing. Really wish the honda had it.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
When mine starts flashing I know it's time to fill up. I decided to push it one day and see how far I could go. I rode 40 mile's before I pulled in to the gas station and filled up.

·
Registered
696 Posts
At least you have gas to buy. Most of the stations in Nashville are out of gas.
:banghead:

Whats the reason for the gas shortage? I thought we would have the same problem here after the hurricanes but we didnt. It was hard to find super for awhile but I just added octane booster when I would have to put regular.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
OK, so what the hell happened?

Someone offered to tow your bike but you couldn't get their name and address? Someone stole your bike? You rejected the offer?

eta: nevermind. your way of wording things (horribly) threw me off. I take it he told you to pull around so he could give you some gas from his pump.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so what the hell happened?

Someone offered to tow your bike but you couldn't get their name and address? Someone stole your bike? You rejected the offer?

eta: nevermind. your way of wording things (horribly) threw me off. I take it he told you to pull around so he could give you some gas from his pump.
yea, he pumped about 8 bucks for me. sorry you are slow and did not understand.

K

·
0 Posts
today i was off of work and was feeling really stressed. the company i work for is being sold and the company my wife works for is also being sold. so i went for a little ride, about 70-80 miles away from home i noticed my last fuel bar was blinking (and i didnt know for how long) no big deal the next exit said "shell" so i pull up to the pump and couldnt believe i forgot my wallet. the guy next to me said "whats up" and i said i am screwed, im 80 miles away from home out of gas and cant find my wallet. he said i can help, pull your bike around. i tried to get his address but he wouldnt give it to me and i dont even know his name. this thread is to suggest everyone put some money under their rear seat.
That's a lot of Karma you must have saved up!

had something similar happen to me. i tried to get 200 miles on a tank of gas. i succeeded... apparently, when you have naught but a tablespoon of fuel left, that's it, it's over.

as i started pushing for the closest gas staion, a car and a goldwing both offered fuel. after refusing them both only because i thought i deserved the punishment, they BOTH came back with gasoline. i graciously accepted squirts of fuel from each of them and made my way to the gas station. i offered both of them a full tank of gas, and they both declined. i never got either one of their names. so i too cashed a little karma.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
yea, he pumped about 8 bucks for me. sorry you are slow and did not understand.
Sorry your grammar skills are not up to par. Why is it that you edited your post? Oh, yeah, because you couldn't make a clear statement.

K

·
0 Posts
that's funny, i figured it out right away... I replied a minute before he edited. I'm sorry you guys are a little slow too...

·
Registered
281 Posts
What is nice person, i remember that happening to me a few months ago, guy gave me 5 bucks which is more than enough to get me home. good thing you weren't stranded. Make sure you know where your gas gauge is reading at....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Talk about "paying it forward" nice to hear there are still decent folk out there.

I don't know how much longer we can hold out though with all this weird sh*t happening around us.... $700B Government buyout... could be the start of some scary sh*t

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
thats cool to see there are still some real nice people out there...

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Put a $20 under the passenger seat with the registration/insurance in the zip lock bag.:five:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts