Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Ive been looking into buying a chatterbox because a bunch of riders in my area have them and are all on the same channel. I was thinking of also getting a handheld UHF radio and getting a throat mic or something and setting it to the same frequency as the chatterbox. My question is would a standard UHF radio work with the guys who have a chatterbox or will a chatterbox ONLY work with another chatterbox??

What is your guys' inputs? If you have some form of radio communication on your bike what do you use?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The low end Chatterbox's operate in the FRS radio band, which is the same as the cheap handheld walkie talkies you see at wallmart (usually under $50 for a pair depending on features).

The high end Chatterbox's are able to operate on FRS and GMRS. GMRS radios are considerably more expensive, but offer greater range.

To answer your question - yes you can buy a radio that will communicate with a chatterbox, but finding a mic/speaker combo that works well with a helmet will be difficult and probably not worth your time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a couple cb x2's. My question is what to do to reduce the horrible wind noise in my mic??

·
Registered
373 Posts
A chin curtain in the helmet helps, or you can place your hand under your chin while talking. Keep your shield closed. Over 70 and you'll need to talk loudly or slow down.

There is also a noise canceling headset available, which helps a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts