Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
at first, im like "damn, how is his 600 hitting 170? ohhh kph (facepalm myself)" hahah. nice riding mang!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
You are doing great for your 2nd track day bro! Nice and smooth on the throttle. Did you see the white HRC RR in red? That's my old bike. Sniff sniff. My Bro Adam is riding it. Pulls 2:13's.

Go to the left side of Temptation when entering and then drift out. It will give you a better drive out and charge the spoon man!!

Nice ride meng!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn!!! I think I'm doing to down shifting ALL wrong. I certainly don't sound like that when I'm down shifiting. Back to basics I guess. Triggerhappy, could you give a quick write up on how you're down shifting?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are doing great for your 2nd track day bro! Nice and smooth on the throttle. Did you see the white HRC RR in red? That's my old bike. Sniff sniff. My Bro Adam is riding it. Pulls 2:13's.

Go to the left side of Temptation when entering and then drift out. It will give you a better drive out and charge the spoon man!!

Nice ride meng!
Thanks meng! Yeah, temptation....hummm. I am pretty sure I tried about 10 lines throughout the day through there and am still not sure which i like best. The one you suggested is one I have seen used but I haven't felt too comfortable with. I will keep tying that one though!!! thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn!!! I think I'm doing to down shifting ALL wrong. I certainly don't sound like that when I'm down shifiting. Back to basics I guess. Triggerhappy, could you give a quick write up on how you're down shifting?
In it's basic form it is simply called 'blipping'.

As you need to slow the bike and get in a lower gear, you pull in the clutch and bring the engine up to the RPM's that will better mesh with the lower gear with a quick 'blip' of the throttle. this happens very, very quickly.

For example, if I am in 3rd gear running around 10k rpm and want to go to 2nd if a just down shifted I would either have to 'slip' the clutch(let it out slowly) dump the clutch and hope my rear doesn't lock up, or as i pull in the clutch I will quickly blip the throttle up to 11-12k and then let it out. This better matches the engine RPM in a shift to the gear you are shifting to. 3 to 2 (or 4 to 3, etc.)

It is something that does take practice, but when you get it right it is the only way to go when downshifting at aggressive rpm's

There are probably some tutorials out there that will explain it better than I can. Just search 'blipping the throttle when down shifting'

Hope this is of some help!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Here is a lap on board my '07 600RR. Bike is a street bike, stock with a slip-on and running Q2's.

Calabogie TURN2 on a CBR 600RR

Needless to say it is amazing in stock form how well these bikes handle on the track! Loving my RR.

It was good to see you there man. The Q2's are a very capable track tire. You should try DOT race tires next time. I was using the new B-Stone R10's - they were fantastic!!!

I can't watch the video now cause I am at work, but I will watch it when I get home.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts

Nice ride meng!
Hey Ray,

I was talking to Adam there on Tuesday.

He was talking about selling the bike - asking $14,000 buy it back dude!!!!

he was telling me that he went through 7 cans of race fuel through the three day event!!! expensive sh!t!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts