Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what is going on,

My left turn signal is not coming on at all. Instead when I activate the left turn signal, the low beam, tail light and gauge sort of blink as if they were flashers.

I sure hope the relay in the cluster has not gone bad!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
This is urgent?! Are you really going to take your fairings off and do electrical troubleshooting whilst on a road trip?
Use hand signals.

Especially since the left signal is the issue, use your hand that's not being occupied by the throttle....your left hand.
Resolve the issue when you get home from your road trip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason why it's urgent is because it cuts my headlight out and to hit my schedule I have some night riding, but just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to lose any of my other instruments if I kept going.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Ahh ok, now I understand the urgency. I'd still say use hand signals, but that's not so effective at night.
How do you have your signals wired up?
Did this problem just start on your road trip, or has it always been an issue?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have I have had a bad load resistor for the last 20k miles.

In the past, in order for my left turn signal to work, I would have to press right then left. If not, the turn signal would just be solid and not flash. Now The turn signal doesnt flash, but the left headlight, tailight, and gauge flash to the same frequency as the blinking of a turn signal. Sometimes the headlight would cut out.

To make matters worse, the problem is that it is intermittent. I just tried my left signal and it is back to the way it was where I would have to press right then left in order to get the signal to flash.

I will try to post a video. I hate intermittent electrical gremlins!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
That's bizarre... what is the "load resistor" you're referring to? Do you mean you installed a resistor to reduce the flash rate of your blinkers? If you already know they're bad I would probably start there once you're back home.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it is a weird situation.

I finally made it home and about 200 miles of riding last night, my horn, all turn signals and brake light went out. I need to check the 10a fuse, which is probably blown.

This whole time, it may have been a bad connection on the fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts