Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its decision time and im on the fence BIG time about what exhaust system to buy. Its between the Hamaguchi and the Arata. Both offer big time weight savings and and peformance gains. This is primarily a street bike but i am going to see the track a dozen or so times this year. I put the order in for the Arata because they are still unavailable at this time ...The Hamaguchi is available and a few hundred cheaper.....Help ?? Opinions??? Thanks!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
man i gotta tell u, the arata may be the best mod pwerwise but the hamaguchi is a work of art, i saw one on a 600RR this weekend, they are beautiful... the arata does not look as good as the hama... and for them looks i can pass on 2 or so hp.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
snikwad said:
man i gotta tell u, the arata may be the best mod pwerwise but the hamaguchi is a work of art, i saw one on a 600RR this weekend, they are beautiful... the arata does not look as good as the hama... and for them looks i can pass on 2 or so hp.
absolutely agree... hamaguchi is a beautiful work of art

·
19,904 Posts
plus hamaguchis look like nothing else youve ever seen. at a glance some aratas look like a akro or a yoshi even... at a glance, dont flame britches.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Hamaguchi has the WOW factor with power to boot? Nice....

·
19,904 Posts
yessurr!!!

·
19,904 Posts
pure tits man, tits

·
Registered
396 Posts
does the hamaguchi get any gains on the dyno? i have been back and forth between serveral exhausts, but the hamaguchi just looks so nice.

·
19,904 Posts
yes hama give very good gains...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a way to spend a monday morning......how to spend a wad of cash on a box of pipes...ha ha ha ...like i dont spend enough already on this thing....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ask yourself what's more important: power gains or looks?

You'll definately get more gains out of the Arata (there's been many discussions and a few posts of dyno charts showing that the Hamaguchi is not comparable to the Arata),

BUT, if your going to looks, with modest gains (you'll get responses of poor gains, especially for the money, from certain individuals on this board), go for the Hamaguchi.

This comparison has been sought over and over again. I went with the looks and have ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS!!!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Arata all the way. I like how it fills in the tail section with it's oval shape. The Arata is top notch quality too.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hama for me, MRI ie Ridersinc is running a deal (check out the sponsor forum on this site) for hamaguchi's, foughly 1000-1200 bucks for both the hama and a power commander. I am buying speed's full Arrow Ti FIM approved system. I got's ta have my HRC good ness.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After much thought and consideration i have put in the order for the Hamaguchi....ill post pics and dyno results.....Ill look for the run i did with the Leo s/o...thats all i have to compare it to....

·
Registered
986 Posts
Power gains are not a big concern for many people DenBoe. A lot of guys just like to buy stuff for looks and if there happens to be a performance gain then that's just an added bonus.

Personally I think the Hama is sexy but for the track I would probably chose an Arta over the Hama.

But atm my top choice is an Akrapovic
http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/catalog/honda/cbr600rr_2005-06/rac-evo/exhaust_photo_hi-res.jpg

I havn't really done much research simply because I'm going to be racing the Stock class this year but next year I'll be going all out.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.