Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in purchasing a camera for my bike so I can study trackday riding and future races. Can anyone shed some light on what you use and your experience with it? Also best place to mount for front and back? Thanks in advance.

Also, has anyone seen or used this onbike.tv camera? http://www.onbike.tv/cams.php

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
the sportbikecame mount is a good product, but having a camera mounted on your tank will keep you from getting in a full tuck. this is doesn't sound like that big of a deal, until you get out there an can't do it...

you might try their side mount though...

·
Registered
634 Posts
That would be fun to use.

·
Registered
227 Posts
mule-madness said:
the sportbikecame mount is a good product, but having a camera mounted on your tank will keep you from getting in a full tuck. this is doesn't sound like that big of a deal, until you get out there an can't do it...

you might try their side mount though...
I guess you are right. I really don't have the opp. to ride that hard were I live in Eastern NC. Maybe one day I can make it out to a track!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. The helmetcamera.com cameras are more what I'm looking for. I would want to mount it right in the middle so I can see exactly how far to the side I pass people or people that pass me. Now I just have to find out if it's legal to have these while I'm racing...I don't see why not but I need to double check. Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
chkaotic said:
Might check out the kits at www.helmetcamera.com as well

I have both mounts (sportbikecam and helmetcamera). They work well, but you run into probs on both if you are going to use it at the track. With the sportbikecam, like mentioned before, it becomes an obstacle when you try to tuck in. With the helmetcamera, you need a place to stash your camcorder (and on a 600RR, this is hard).

·
Registered
221 Posts
I passed on the camera thing and had a buddy chase me around the track instead.

my home system is too analog , I'd have to replace all the AV equipment I have now just to make it work well with the camera's available now. Talk about stoneages

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mule-madness said:
just remember, it's sometimes easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission... ;)
lol. That would be a hassle though to set it all up and find out on race day I can't ride :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ALL MOTA said:
I have both mounts (sportbikecam and helmetcamera). They work well, but you run into probs on both if you are going to use it at the track. With the sportbikecam, like mentioned before, it becomes an obstacle when you try to tuck in. With the helmetcamera, you need a place to stash your camcorder (and on a 600RR, this is hard).
Thanks ALL MOTA. I put on some race fairings so I took off my headlight, it looks like there's plenty of room for a camcorder there as well as hole for the camera. I'll check out the prices for that helmetcamera. Now I need to find a cheap camcorder.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks BigTuna. I'll do some research to find out what the concensus is for the best brand and value for the money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts