Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the down pipes on the header (middle left if your looking at the bike from the front to be exact) is glowing bright red when it start it up, even just sitting at idle.

im assuming that its a jet running to rich/lean in one cylinder

it that is the problem then how do i fix it, if not then anyone else got any ideas what it could be?

also my trottle is bein sticky, any quick fix to that?

·
Registered
615 Posts
grab on to it and make sure its hot and your not hallucinating, let us know whats going on then...

haha jk, thats crazy. i have no idea. its just one??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup just one so thats why im assuming its just something wrong with an idividual cylinder and not the whole engine. when i say its glowing bright red i mean it haha, it looks like some one too a blow torch to it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
were you ever tempted to touch it? lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
it might be an exhaust valve not closin all the way lettin the explosion out of the cylinder??? just a guess though, have the valve clearences looked at

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
blk600rrstunter said:
it might be an exhaust valve not closin all the way lettin the explosion out of the cylinder??? just a guess though, have the valve clearences looked at
I agree. Or it could be a clogged injector. Whichever it is it's NOT good. Don't run it until you have it checked out throughly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the glowing go away after you ride the bike? My dirtbike does that occasionally when I warm it up, but goes away after riding it. Sounds like its too lean in one cyclinder.

·
Registered
70 Posts
well i can defiinately tell you it is not a jet since fuel injected bikes do not have jets (jets are in carburators) and it isn't a block injector because the pipe would not get hot if that cylinder was not getting any or enough fuel and then the bike would not run correctly either.
Thats a good question, does the bike run correctly and idle correctly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts