Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds like your not comfortable riding with the bike at stock height. I would say to stay from splitting tell you get confident on the bike allowing you to make quick reactions.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wasn't really comfortable on the bike so I installed a lowering link and an adjustable kickstand. When the bike is done being built I hope it handles well. Two feet flat on the ground is a good feeling though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
5'5" Not a single problem one footing. If you live in Houston I personally wouldn't recommend lane splitting unless you're in europe or california. You will be found at fault always.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like your not comfortable riding with the bike at stock height. I would say to stay from splitting tell you get confident on the bike allowing you to make quick reactions.
I'm fine riding it stock but I have never lane split.
One foot as well. 5'6" 140lbs
5'5" 175lbs here
I wasn't really comfortable on the bike so I installed a lowering link and an adjustable kickstand. When the bike is done being built I hope it handles well. Two feet flat on the ground is a good feeling though.
Just half of both my feet on the ground is a good feeling but it ride like poop when lower.
5'5" Not a single problem one footing. If you live in Houston I personally wouldn't recommend lane splitting unless you're in europe or california. You will be found at fault always.
Houston ftw!! I've seen so many motorcycles lane split in houston during heavy heavy traffic.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I one-foot at times... But that's mostly when it's a brief stop and go. I'm 5'10, so I try to keep on both feet for the most part.

·
Registered
228 Posts
you will get more comfortable. i do the one tip toe down unless its windy. then i will shift off the seat. if you are not comfortable riding maybe try some rear sets? you can adjust your feet then. not sure if that will help

·
Registered
47 Posts
Backing my bike up is really difficult though. I tend to walk next to it and back it up by hand with the kickstand still down.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm fine riding it stock but I have never lane split.

5'5" 175lbs here

Just half of both my feet on the ground is a good feeling but it ride like poop when lower.

Houston ftw!! I've seen so many motorcycles lane split in houston during heavy heavy traffic.

Just because others are doing it, doesn't make it any less illegal lol.. If I were in a spot that it were legal I have no problems getting close to traffic. But the mind set of a lot of people in areas it's illegal is to open a door or block the path. So if you're not paying attention it can be hazardous to a new rider.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts